Contract: Full Time
Report to: Management Committee
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified, Innovative and dynamic persons for the post of Library Manager at Harare City Library. Harare City Library serves as an information depository centre for the local community that includes parents, children, school pupils, tertiary institutions students and researchers.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in social sciences with a strong component in management/Knowledge Management/Library and Information Science and other related fields.
- Advanced degree in these areas is an added advantage.
- Experiences and track records in Resources Mobilisation, Fundraising and successful Proposal Writing are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, and networks with the Development Partners is an added advantage.
- Driving and owning a car is also desirable.
- Developing, Planning and Coordinating library services;
- Strategic Plan Document Development;
- Liaising with Development Partners;
- Fundraising; Contribution in library policy formulation;
- Enforcing Library policies, standard operating procedures and internal controls;
- Identifying new trends and ICTs for the library services’ acquisition;
- Overseeing day to day library function processes;
- Staff Management;
- Staff Recruitment;
- Preparing Reports for the Management Committee;
- Carrying duties as signed by the Management Committee
- Good Communication and Public Relations Skills;
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure and independently;
- Good at networking and fundraising
Applications with copies of certificates/transcripts, motivational letter and CV giving full details to be submitted to email@example.com
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Deadline: 27 November 2020