Reports to: Operations/Safety & Security Manager
Location: Bulawayo, Lupane, or Hwange
About CNFA and Amalima Loko
CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a new USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations which applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeleland North.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner.
- Receptionist functions; answer all incoming calls and handle caller’s inquiries whenever possible; redirect calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required; greet, assist and/or direct visitors;
- Prepare telephone bills and ensure their proper use as well as payment for same if used for personal purpose as per CNFA policy;
- Process and follow up on all utility bills ie power, water etc;
- Issuing of stationery and office supplies;
- Handling of petty cash.
- Coordinating between programs and operations in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems;
- Organizing travel arrangements, coordinating staff accommodation, reconciliation of invoices & processing of payments;
- Sending out and receiving mail and packages;
- Preparing business correspondence (often using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation computer software);
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials;
- Sending and receiving forms to CNFA staff;
- Supervise office cleaner;
- Keep all sensitive information pertaining to CNFA confidential;
- Update the security registers; Complete other duties as necessary as assigned by the Operations/Safety & Security Manager.
- A diploma in administration/secretarial studies.
- A degree in business administration or equivalent will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years NGO and USAID experience in administration;
- Further training in administration will be a plus;
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- Knowledge of telephone/ communication systems, Microsoft Office applications;
- Relevant training as a Receptionist/Telephone Operator;
- Reliable & ethical;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Accuracy, ability to multitask and manage pressure;
- Ability to independently screen and route communications to the proper source/office;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat people fairly and equitably.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Basic proficiency in spoken IsiNdebele required.
- Proficiency in other languages spoken in Matabeleland North a plus.
Qualified candidates, especially women are encouraged to send their applications. To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Amalima.email@example.com with “Receptionist / Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Deadline: 10 November 2020 (12pm)