Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
- To profile Oxfam’s work in national, regional and global media and in wider communications to support Oxfam’s fundraising and campaign goals.
- To work with national and affiliate press officers in the region (Zambia, Zimbabwe Mozambique Malawi and South Africa) to deliver high-quality media projects and compelling story-gathering materials for national, regional and global media markets, and wider social media and communications needs:
- To act as a conduit between national and global media colleagues to ensure that messages and quality are consistent, and to identify opportunities for collaboration;
- To provide strategic media, communications and social media advice to senior-level staff at regional and country level on a day-to-day basis in the development of plans, matters of brand risk and to maximise communications impact.
What we are looking for
- Qualification in media studies or journalism (or equivalent experience)
- Sound editorial judgement and ability to generate stories to further Oxfam’s organisation objectives
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Good knowledge and track record of using social media
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, gender equity (particularly around poor women’s rights)
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
Offered SalaryUS$52,173-78,487 pa