Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks one project driver, based in Bulawayo, the Bantwana Regional Office, for a CDC/ZimTTECH-funded DREAMS program. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program aims to reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women and will be implemented in four Matabeleland North districts – Bubi, Lupane, Nkayi and Tsholotsho. Bantwana will implement four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education Subsidies and primary, secondary and Part- Time and Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships). The driver will provide safe, transport services for Bantwana program and support staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all traffic and Bantwana safety rules and follow the transport guidelines;
- Operate Bantwana vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Bantwana policies and regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely;
- Report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Bantwana and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Conduct oneself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Bantwana and the project
- Valid driver’s license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles. Defensive driving certificate will be an added advantage;
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules;
- More than 3 years’ driving experience in NGO sector;
- Experience in basic vehicle maintenance;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of project areas;
- Must be computer literate
To apply for this positions, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to email@example.com with position title in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 August 2020