Contract Duration: 12 Months (and renewable)
Leonard Cheshire Disability Zimbabwe (LCDZ), a local Zimbabwean disability services organisation seeks for an ambitious and self-driven Rehabilitation Technician.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the provision of rehabilitation services to children with disabilities receiving services at Leonard Cheshire Rehabilitation Centre in Harare. The specific duties and roles entail;
- Assessing children with disabilities and developing individual rehabilitation plans;
- Conducting therapy sessions both individual and group treatment as outlined in treatment plans in the areas of ADLs, functional mobility, strength, coordination, cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional maintenance.
- Document and maintain children’s records that reflect treatment.
- Conduct parental/caregivers’ education and supports the development of home-based treatment plans.
- Conduct Community Based Outreach programmes for all discharged children.
- Facilitates the smooth running of the Rehabilitation Department.
Qualifications and experience
- Certified Rehabilitation Technician with a minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar rehabilitation setting.
- Good counselling and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Computer literacy skills.
- Analytical and good communication skills.
All interested candidates who meet the stated qualifications and profile should submit a resume with three contactable referees and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com
The cover letter should highlight the expected gross salary and date of availability.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25 March 2020 (4pm)
Related Jobs (9)
Consultant for Developing a PC for TB Training Manual on November 24, 2020 Consultancy
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time