Zvitambo is a multidisciplinary public health research institute with the mission of improving maternal and child health in Zimbabwe, and to apply its findings to improve health globally. Zvitambo conducts research and provides technical support and education to reduce the burden of malnutrition and infectious diseases, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care. Zvitambo is looking for an energized and committed Research Administration and Compliance Officer who will support administration and compliance for our portfolio of research studies.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Research Administration and Compliance Manager, the Research Administration and Compliance Officer ensures that all compliance requirements for studies conducted through Zvitambo and their respective study personnel occurs in a timely and professional manner.
- The Research Administration and Compliance Officer supports all processes pertaining to ensuring that Zvitambo research activities are compliant with the guidelines and requirements of local and international institutional review boards.
- The Research Administration and Compliance Officer provides administrative support to external investigators and students from collaborating universities, coordinating the processing of their research and immigration permits and maintains their confidential records.
- The Research Administration and Compliance Officer supports translation of data collection tools into relevant local languages.
The Research Administration and Compliance Officer must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree, in health or social sciences;
- At least 3 years’ experience working with research in Zimbabwe;
- Strong familiarity with the local research ecosystem and relevant stakeholders;
- Experience with reporting adverse events to local and international ethical review boards;
- A current certificate in Ethics and Good Clinical Practice;
- Experience with internal monitoring of research studies;
- Fluency in English and Shona;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Experience working to tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- It is preferable if the candidate is also fluent in Ndebele and has a valid driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Research Administration and Compliance Officer.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 February 2020