The Zimbabwe Livelihoods and Food Security Programme (LFSP), a DFID funded programme being implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in partnership with the Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI), a Policy Think Tank based in Zambia for policy research and outreach component, seeks a Research Associate under LFSP Phase II. The programme which commenced in 2014 has been generating practice based evidence and partnered with IAPRI for policy research and outreach component. The rationale for the policy research and outreach component is to integrate LFSP evidence and research findings into national policy formulation and implementation in order to create a policy environment that accommodates the operations of smallholder farmers. The Research Associate will report to the Local Country Liaison Officer based in Harare and from time to time will work with the IAPRI team in Lusaka, Zambia.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Local Liaison Officer in implementing the research, outreach and capacity building plan under the LFSP Phase II policy programme.
- Conducting research, outreach, and capacity building activities to influence policy and private sector investment programmes in Zimbabwe;
- Produce research outputs such as policy briefs, technical notes, presentations, and reports that assist policy makers and stakeholders in decision making per assigned work plan or as merging policy issues;
- Assist with carrying out analytical assessments during the implementation and operationalization of the National Agricultural Policy Framework (NAPF);
- Assist NAPF pillar secretariats to carry out their tasks efficiently;
- Assist with organizing meetings, workshops and report writing of all project related outreach and capacity building activities; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Local Country Liaison Officer
- MS in Agricultural economics, development economics, or related field;
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES
- Demonstrated ability to bring research results to bear on practical policy issues through outreach with policy makers and private sector stakeholders;
- Demonstrable publication record and ability to work with others to build a policy- relevant research program;
- Academic and/or work experience related to the field of agricultural policy research;
- Experience in designing research instruments, conducting surveys and data analysis ;
- Experience with specialized statistical software such as SPSS and Stata;
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
- 6 months
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please enter your details in the form here. The submission deadline is FRIDAY, 21st AUGUST, 2020. Ensure that you include a FUNCTIONING and CORRECT email address above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email to avail education qualifications and detailed CVs.