We are looking for a dynamic individual to fill in the above position for our client – a leading securities transfer secretarial firm in Zimbabwe. The position exists mainly to identify measure, control and monitor the organisation’s inherent risks as well as to ensure that risk management is embedded in all facets of the organisation’s operations and that risks confronting the organisation are identified and adequately managed mainly by concentrating on total compliance by the organisation to all relevant internal and external regulations and regulatory bodies so as to mitigate exposure of the company.
- Effective Compliance to all regulatory Bodies as per requirements
- Risk Management implementation in the organisation to ensure mitigation of negative exposure of the organisation
- Liaison Role with the external Clients/stakeholders to ensure effective communication between the organisation and outside world
- Monitoring and Evaluation of internal systems to ensure all processes are risk free and are intended to achieve customer needs.
- Research on relevant Risk Policies in the external environment and integrate findings with the organisation’s requirements to support business strategy for the organisation.
- Develop, implement and monitor compliance activities to satisfy regulatory legislative and corporate requirements and ensure the organisation fully complies
- Identify and assess compliance risk exposures and develop activities to mitigate risk so as to avoid organisational loss in any way hence ensure sustainability in the existence of business
- Verify compliance levels through risk audit and monitoring activities of departments to ensure that they are adhering to the terms and conditions set by the organisation
- Analyse new legislation and regulations and determine the impact on existing compliance processes and procedures.
- Monitors internal and external environment to establish any deviations from the policy and to advice on risks and opportunities available.
- Act as an institutional corporate governance, risk and compliance champion to educate organisation on risk issues, defining the Risk corporate culture, providing a single risk definition as well as conduct enterprise wide & department specific engagement exercise to assist full appreciation of risk and compliance issues.
- Ensure the proper segregation of duties within the organisation so as to ensure staff is accountable for specific actions hence ease to control agreed targets and expectations and ensure the organisation as a whole achieves as expected.
- Develop specific and adhoc reports required by both internal and external clients. In some cases the incumbent is required to develop consolidated reports giving a picture of investment vehicles and how they are performing. These reports can be run from the system
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (with Major in Compliance and Risk Management)
- Banking and Investment Management and or Monitoring and Evaluation qualification an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills essential
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- 2-3 years relevant working experience
How to Apply
Please email your application and CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted