Reference Number: ECO191227-2
Job Title: Manager – Risk Assessment and Valuations
Company: Cassava Smartech
Reporting To: Chief Insurance Officer
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Manager – Risk Assessment and Valuations to join the Econet Insurance (Pvt) Ltd team. The main function of the role is to ensure that all accepted risks are surveyed and risk management recommendations are given to the insured. The role also serves the purposes of ensuring that all insured assets are appropriately valued in terms of best international practices on valuations for insurance purposes.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 A’Level Passes including Mathematics/Statistics
- Degree in Engineering, or its equivalent
- A professional qualification in risk management and valuations is a must.
- 5 years experience in the industry
Key Result Areas
- Confirms the existence of assets and encourages clients to maintain up to date asset registers.
- Ensures that the insured asset is in sound state and provides recommendations to preserve value and to remedy defects in maintenance.
- Establishes the level of risk and how risk can be mitigated.
- Determines the maximum probable loss, and accumulation potential.
- Monitors the progression of the risk, with an eye on emerging risks, interaction effects, and accumulation effects.
- Provides post loss claim quantification and adjustment.
- Uses the best available tools and techniques to accurately quantify the level of risk or loss amount.
- Build strong relationship with reinsurers, brokers, repairers, and clients to grow the technical support base.
- Ensures that clients are properly serviced and provided with adequate education and training on risk management, valuations and the effect of under- or over-insurance.
- Build relationships with supply chain network partners to gather information required for decision making.
Closing Date: 12-06-2020