Job ID: 49078
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Exec & Support, Cross Business Lines
To assist in applying data mining techniques and conduct statistical analysis to large, structured and unstructured data sets to understand and analyse phenomena. Model business problems, discovering insights and opportunities through statistical, algorithmic, machine learning and visualisation techniques, working closely with clients, data and technology teams to turn data into critical information used to make sound business decisions.
- Provide support to stakeholders across the bank to find solutions for their data centric needs.
- Assist in the gathering of data for use in Data Science models, ensuring that chosen datasets best reflect the organisations goals.
- Support business integration through integrating model outputs into end-point production systems, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Assist in building machine learning models from and utilising distributed data processing and analysis methodologies.
- Answer critical business questions and create predictive solutions which drive improvement in business outcomes using various mathematical, statistical, and simulation techniques
- Use data profiling and visualisation techniques to understand and explain data characteristics that will inform modelling approaches.
- Code, test and maintain scientific models and algorithms and identify trends, patterns, and discrepancies in data and determine additional data needed to support insight.
- Provide input into data management and modelling infrastructure requirements and adheres to our organisations’s infrastructure development processes, including the management of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Miniumum qualification – first degree in information technology / information systems
- Other minimum qualifications – certifications or professional memberships – proficiency in application and web development. Structured and Unstructured Query languages e.g. SQL, Qlikview; Tableau, Python, C#, Java, C++, HTML
- Preferred qualification – degree in data science
- Other preferred qualifications – certificate in data science
- Proven development experience in software and software engineering.
- Understanding of financial services data processes, systems, and products.
- Experience in technical business intelligence.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and data principles.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in building models (credit scoring, propensity models, churn, etc.).
- Experience in working with unstructured data (e.g. Streams, images) Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Using data mining to discover new patterns from large datasets. Implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc. Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za