Location: Harare and travelling to Bulawayo
Contract Duration: 1 year
The Future of Hope Foundation (TFoHF) is an NGO headquartered in Zimbabwe and founded in 2013. Our Mission is to capacitate, collaborate with, support and mentor marginal and vulnerable members of society through entrepreneurial and self-development initiatives. We facilitate research and training in innovative initiatives that provide for and promote sustainable food, nutrition, and income security to improve the conditions necessary for every member of society to reach their full potential.
- She/he will be responsible for providing specific technical support to sewing groups,
- Create, alter, and repair garments,
- Work with different fabric.
- Train beneficiaries on how to use basic tools, and peripheral equipment,
- Set-up, Manage and maximize tailoring workshop,
- Train groups how to conduct workflow analysis,
- Cost estimation and cost or product comparison analysis,
- Train communities on how to relate to consumers or employers,
- Ensure proper business etiquette,
- Refer major problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service. Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- University Degree in Fashion and Design,
- Higher National Diploma or equivalent qualification,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with rural communities in an NGO environment or a competitive market for similar tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Keen eye for detail,
- Ability to work constructively as part of the team and ability to self-evaluate learning needs.
Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position you are applying for.
NB: Only applications sent with the job title in the subject line will be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 June 2020