Contract Duration: 1 year
Bulawayo Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (BCSME) is an association that was established in 2011 and is a member of the Zimbabwe Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (ZCSMEs) which is an Apex Body representing the interests of SMEs at a national level.
The BCSME is a provincial structure among other nine provisional chapters initiated by the Government of Zimbabwe through the then Ministry of Small to Medium Scale Enterprise as a vehicle to drive the development of SMEs, represent the interests of SME entrepreneurs, as well as to be the voice of SMEs.
The BCSME’s has with technical and financial support from a development partner developed a strategic plan to offer new and improved services to its members. The BCSME’s is looking to set up a permanent secretariat to ensure it can offer services that are more responsive to its members. In line with this, the BCSME’s is looking to engage the services of a Secretary.
- The administrative Secretary will report to the BCSME coordinator.
- The purpose of the position is to provide front office services to staff and members of BCSME.
- The secretary will perform a variety of office administrative, secretarial and public relations duties in the operations of BCSME.
- The Secretary will report to the Coordinator.
- Managing front office operations – receiving and attending to enquiries, membership registrations, renewal, providing support and addressing complaints;
- Refer unresolved matters and queries to the BCSME coordinator and/or Finance Administration Officer;
- Plan and organize work activities, use of equipment and forms, develop and revise office forms and report formats as required, organize and maintain filing systems;
- Document development and management as required by the Coordinator and Finance and Administration Officer.
- Provide photocopying and typing services for BCSME members and customers;
- Managing social media communication including website enquires and advertising;
- Participate in report writing as assigned by BCSME management;
- Maintain an up to date BCSME membership database ensuring accurate and current information on each member;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date office files, records, and logs for assigned areas;
- Other administrative activities will include procurement of office supplies, arranging for equipment repair;
- Maintain calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for assigned staff; coordinate activities and coordinate arrangements and set up meeting rooms, notify participants, prepare and/or assemble meeting materials;
- Make travel arrangement for staff and Board Members;
- Other duties as assigned by the BCSME coordinator.
Suitable candidates must have the following skills, qualifications and qualities
- A Diploma in Office Administration or a related field.
- A degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing office support.
The candidate is also expected to be:
- Proficient in business letter writing and minute;
- Effective customer service and public relations methods and techniques;
- Good understanding interpretation, and application of general and specific administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
- Ability to work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by phone or in person;
- Strict time management skills;
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a 1-page motivation stating salary expectations and an indication of when one can assume duty if selected. In addition, kindly submit a 3 page CV. Both documents should be on A4 page with normal margins (2.54cm on all sides). Candidates must use font 11 Calibri with 1.15 spacing. The CV must include at 3 references and their contact details.
The documents must be submitted to email@example.com The reference for the email should be Secretary Application.
Applications that do not meet the above specifications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, the process is expected to take about 3 weeks.
Deadline: 3 December 2020