This is a 6 month CONTRACT position.
Responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the department’s general ledger.
- Analyses, records and reports accounting transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepares general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Responds to inquiries received from management, internal and external auditors and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Analyses current procedures and recommends changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Compiles, consolidates, and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Conducts research and analysis on complex issues, and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Designs, modifies, installs, and/or maintains accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Implements accounting policies under direction of the General Accounting Manager.
- Performs detailed analysis and data cleansing on current and historic data in order to prepare for a successful system migration.
- Drives the process to clear all aged GRNI & GIT. Additionally, should be familiar with Fixed Assets Componentization to address CIP
Skills / Competencies:
- Comprehensive understanding of the accounting function.
- Profound analytical skills for identifying and solving problems.
- Clear communication and synthesis skills.
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting.
- Finance or related field required.
- CA (SA) CIMA; ACCA; Chartered Accountancy or similar certification preferred.
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting environment in Medium-operations/Distribution is required.
- Experience working with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable advantageous
Send your CV’s to Felicia@rzrecruitment.co.za qouting Ref: LZ876
Related Jobs (17)
Finance Co-ordinator – Budgeting and Reporting – (2000067E) on October 22, 2020 Contract