Closing Date: 10-072020
Reference Number: ECO200630-1
Job Title: Senior Associate Girls Empowerment
Company: Higher Life Foundation
Reporting To: Head Girls Empowerment
Job Type Classification: Long Term Contract
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Higherlife Foundation (HLF) for suitably qualified persons to fill the role of Senior Associate Girls Empowerment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integration and monitoring of gender mainstreaming and Girls Empowerment programs and activities throughout HLF operations in Zimbabwe, Burundi & Lesotho. The successful candidate shall ensure that HLF’s work treats gender as a cross-cutting aspect of all programming work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Social Sciences, including Gender studies or related fields.
- Commitment to and understanding of girl and boy child focused transformational development in Africa.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar or related environment
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to apply gender and development theory to the specific regional context and to identify creative, practical approaches to overcome gender-related challenges.
- Energetic individual who is self-driven and is able to work in a fast paced, dynamic and performance driven environment
- Clean Class 4 Drivers licence an added advantage.
Key Result Areas
- Leads the conduct of the Gender Analysis in HLF programmes and projects with a view to ensure the incorporation of the girl empowerment strategy and gender equity in program design, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Works with the Head Girls Empowerment, to ensure gender equity in the overall Board and organisational structure, employment policies and promotion opportunities in HLF
- Advocate for the inclusion of gender equality and girls empowerment issues in HLF organisational policies and programming work
- Develops gender action plans to be used by Pillar Managers to integrate gender mainstreaming activities throughout HLF Programming work
- Monitors and tracks key performance measures and reports on the implementation of the gender action plan
- Conducts regular gender analysis in programming/projects to ascertain the gaps and recommend possible direction for inclusion
- Develops and updates indicators to track gender mainstreaming across HLF country operations
- Facilitates training needs assessments and capacity building of staff members, beneficiaries and partners on Gender issues
- Supports capacity development in gender and girls empowerment for partners, staff and stakeholders
- Leads training workshops for relevant stakeholders, staff and key actors on advocacy and girls empowerment related topics;
- Leads the preparation and dissemination of information related to gender issues that are relevant to the women enterprises project.
- Conducts quarterly gender audits (Internal & External) and submits to the Head Girls Empowerment
- Develop a plan to create awareness among staff and partner communities on how to lead the documentation and sharing of lessons on advocacy and Gender best programming practices
- Management of administrative and financial activities related to the functions;
- Management of all operations related to activities.
Related Jobs (30)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time