Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Senior Electoral Advisor for USAID’s upcoming Elections Activity in Zimbabwe. The Advisor will be responsible for developing relationships and building the capacity of civil society, election management bodies, coordinating with other government and non-government actors in the election. The Senior Electoral Advisor will have a good grasp of elections and political climate in Zimbabwe, including significant experience with holistic support to electoral processes in similar political contexts.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will report directly to the Chief of Party.
- Build and foster working relationships with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other electoral stakeholders;
- Support operational planning efforts of Electoral Management Bodies (EMBs);
- Advise on general implementation of electoral activities, providing support to improve electoral systems and procedures;
- Support integration of the election component with other components of the program related to strengthening political processes and democratic institutions;
- Supervise local support staff and consultants providing feedback on performance;
- Prepare papers, reports, briefings on election related topics, programmatic work;
- Provide targeted formal and informal training and mentorship to CSOs on topics related to the design and delivery of a full range of election-related activities;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, donors and partners;
- Support EMBs in the coordination of capacity development and support activities.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation team in the design of monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure the impact of electoral programming; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in elections and political processes programming;
- At least eight (8) years of experience working on similar programs focused on supporting EMBs to deliver free and fair elections in Zimbabwe;
- Familiarity with political, economic and social context within Zimbabwe;
- Significant experience working with EMBs, including providing technical assistance in areas such as special voting, training, electoral dispute resolution, results management;
- Must have experience managing grants programs and coordinating with domestic civil society groups and individual civic actors;
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of election administration and operations;
- Must have technical leadership skills and expertise in election management and administration; and
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in relevant field preferred.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.