With over 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets, and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience—all with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI/Zimbabwe is looking for a Senior Implementation Science and Learning Advisor to help us design, roll-out and implement a national VMMC learning agenda, and support the Government of Zimbabwe to build expertise in knowledge transfer, articulate thoughtful learning questions, build mechanisms by which to collect fit-for purpose evidence to respond to learning questions, application of questions for routine program adaptions, and strategic packaging and promotion of learning for external influences. This position is based in Harare and is contingent on award.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Senior Implementation Science and Learning Advisor will lead learning and adaptive implementation as a core strategy for continuous quality improvement and sustainable scale-up within the Sustainability and Integration of District and Facility-Level VMMC Services in Zimbabwe project, a national project focused on building resilient local systems that successfully plan, manage, and execute program services efficiently, effectively, and at scale, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundations. This person will be a critical staff member and lead and cultivate knowledge across PSI/HQ, local partners, civil societies, and ministry, to create a community of practice across the 27 target project districts in Zimbabwe and beyond.
The Senior Implementation Science and Learning Advisor will lead the capacity building of teams, including local community counterparts, consultants, and ministry secondments in use of participatory action research and implementation research for quality improvement, with emphasis on results-based management and evidence-based decision-making.
This role will be responsible for all documentation and dissemination of program related outcomes, processes, approaches and innovations through writing blogs, overseeing the development of scientific and technical articles, publications, peer reviewed journal articles, convening of conferences and webinars technical conference presentations, and related research and/or programmatic analyses. A key function of this role will be to support teams to manage routine data collection and reporting; and build capacity with MOH and implementers to analyze and monitor data for improved decision making and towards knowledge management and dissemination within the VMMC and biomedical HIV prevention community of practice, in alignment with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) to actualize the 2019-2021 Sustainability Transition Implementation Plan (STIP)
S/he shall have depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience in designing and implementing comprehensive health communication documents, and related capacity strengthening.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
S/he will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, social and/or behavioral sciences or a related field, with emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative research methods in HIV or related health field.
- Demonstrated excellent scientific and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Knowledge Management, Documentation and Dissemination of Health program information and Capacity building for Knowledge Management.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the East and Southern Africa region with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, and assessing large scale health programs and operations research work.
- Deep expertise in evidence-driven, theory-based, behavioral HIV prevention interventions
- Familiarity with innovative, interdisciplinary approaches such as human-centered design and behavioral economics.
- Prior experience with building community competency to improve health, and participatory methodologies for engaging beneficiaries in planning and implementing local-level activities.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited?
- A Strategist and an Innovator. You are a creative, innovative, and strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in service delivery and a proven ability to produce results.
- Experienced Advisor.You have with a demand creation team in large complex HIV projects before. You have worked in Southern or East Africa.
- Capacity Builder.You have experience in building local technical capacity in demand creation
- A Connector. You have experience working with Ministries of Health, or global health donors. You can identify new donors and partners for programs.
- Multi-Tasker and proactive individual. You can work with local structures, technical teams, other implementing partners, and donors.
- PEPFAR experience. You have experience working with any PEPFAR project and in the demand creation section for a service delivery team.
The successful candidate will be confident, articulate and persuasive; a proactive self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to effectively lead, inspire and collaborate; have excellent communication, presentation, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
Related Jobs (41)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy