Overview of the role
To supervise all aspects of GOAL Zimbabwe’s Highfields complementary Nutrition Programme, with the aim of achieving nutrition and health goals for the Highfields Emergency Social Cash Transfer (ESCT) Programme. The project is aimed at improving nutrition and health outcomes in Highfields by complementing the ESCT programme, through supporting Harare City health – Nutrition department in Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) counselling, health seeking behaviour by caregivers of children under-five and supporting coordination of nutrition activities in Highfields district .
- Work closely with the project team to develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly work plans to enable smooth roll out of the project in Highfield district.
- Jointly with Harare City Health, ensure GOAL and partner support teams subsequently provide a high level of on the job training through conducting standardised trainings to build the capacity of Harare City Health staff in Highfields on CMAM and MIYCN/ IYCF so that highest level of service is provided.
- Jointly with Harare City Health, provide technical support, supervision and backstopping to the district level implementing team to ensure provision of quality CMAM and MIYCN counselling services
- Establish and subsequently oversee weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting using analysed data from Database Officer and MEAL department where necessary
- Jointly with Harare City Health, support and technically backstop review meetings at field level and lead the internal project review meetings and document lessons learnt
- Attend nutrition-related provincial and district coordination meetings and participate to represent GOAL and share progress reports and lessons learnt widely.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Emergency Coordinator and Nutrition Coordinator on all technical aspects of the project
- Facilitate visits from donor representatives and other official visitors, when requested to by the Emergency Coordinator or Nutrition Coordinator and provide information as required
Requirements : Technical & Functional skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or equivalent
- MSc in Public Health or in Nutrition desirable..
- At least two (2) years’ experience in design, planning, management and coordination of nutrition programs.
- In-depth knowledge of IMAM and MIYCN/IYCF
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming activities especially of Gender, Protection, Disability Inclusion, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sphere and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially Microsoft products.
- Strong team leadership skills and the ability to motivate and facilitate the work of programme teams.
- Analytical and strategic planning skills; strong organizational skills and an ability to plan projects and timetable activities.
- Experience in developing and writing proposals.
- A proven record of effective project and people management.
- Experience of performance management is desirable.
- Excellent capacity building skills – the ability to work with people of different technical abilities and support them to gain confidence in areas of expertise within their programmes and in diverse nutrition approaches.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and monitoring.
- Awareness of community-based approaches to improving nutrition and food security.
Deadline: 15 September 2020