Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Duration: 10 months – Fixed term contract.
Vacancies has arisen within DanChurchAid for Senior Social Assistance Officer based in Harare and Bulawayo (x 3 positions).
Purpose of the Position.
Incumbent is expected to provide support towards implementation of a assistance project in Harare and Bulawayo in compliance with donor/grant requirements and DCA humanitarian standards. The position entails overseeing the following activities at domain level: baseline data collection, beneficiary targeting, registration, monitoring, working closely with stakeholders during all programme activities, facilitating and monitoring beneficiary mobile cash disbursement processes, conducting post disbursement and markets monitoring activities and writing weekly and monthly reports.
- Oversee registration of beneficiaries according to laid down criteria ensuring exclusion and inclusion errors are minimal.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate beneficiary database using DCA beneficiary database management system
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with key stakeholders such as the Development Coordinator, Department of Social Welfare, City of Harare Housing and Community Services Department any other relevant government ministries and the private sector ensuring their active participation
- Ensure efficient management of the beneficiary feedback and complaints handling system
- Coordinate implementation of resilience building activities
- Facilitate beneficiary referrals to access psycho-social support, child protection and Sexual and gender based violence services
- Conduct consistent data collection for monitoring and research purposes
- Mainstream gender in all project activities to ensure all vulnerable social groups participate in the project
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly progress updates to the line manager
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management Sciences, Food Security, Social Sciences, Urban Planning
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and proven experience working in similar scope and environment
- Must be able to work in a team setting and function in a culturally diverse work environment.
- He/she should be able to implement measures designed to monitor and implement project quality
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and deliver the desired results
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Deadline: 6 March 2020
Related Jobs (15)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (Harare) on November 23, 2020 Full Time