Location: Gwanda, Mangwe, Insiza, Umzingwane; Bulilima; Beitbridge; Bulawayo; Chitungwiza; Matobo
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
The Community HIV Services Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing HIV, TB, and TB/HIV prevention, care, treatment, and support services in communities within the catchment areas of identified health facilities. The CHSN will work with and supervise community cadres within the program (Community Outreach Agent Coordinators, and Community Outreach Agents) who will be tasked to create demand for services within communities. The CHSN reports to the District Community Officer within the district.
- The CHSN is expected to support and coordinate the provision of HIV, TB, and TB/HIV services at community level;
- Manage the community HIV program resources for the organization within the district;
- Provide key HIV prevention activities (including PMTCT) within communities;
- Enroll PLHIV onto lifelong ART and TPT as relevant;
- Work with community level cadres in retaining patients in lifelong ART care, and reduce loss to follow up;
- Provide community TB and TB/HIV services;
- Work with COACs and COAs to create demand for community cervical cancer screening and treatment among WLHIV.
- Certificate in Primary Care Nursing AND registered as a PCN with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- At least 3 years’ experience in clinical management of HIV, TB, and TB/HIV at public health facility level;
- Experience in providing community level health services;
- Completed course in Advanced HIV and AIDS Managed preferred;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies;
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to ride a motorcycle
For a detailed advert with the application process, visit our website on www.ophid.org/opportunities
- Step 1: Complete the application form here https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
Deadline: 25 September 2020