Reporting to: Programme Manager
Duration: 10 months – Fixed term contract.
Vacancies has arisen within DanChurchAid for Social Assistance Officer based in Harare (x 3 positions)
Purpose of the Position.
Incumbent is expected to provide support towards implementation of an urban assistance project in Harare in compliance with donor/grant requirements and DCA humanitarian standards. The position entails executing the following activities at domain level: baseline data collection, beneficiary targeting, registration, monitoring, working closely with stakeholders during all programme activities, facilitating and monitoring beneficiary mobile cash disbursement processes, conducting post disbursement and markets monitoring activities and writing weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct registration of beneficiaries according to laid down criteria ensuring exclusion and inclusion errors are minimal.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate beneficiary database
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders such as the Development Coordinator, Department of Social Welfare, Urban Municipalities- Housing and Community Services Department and relevant government ministries ensuring their active participation
- Ensure project related queries raised by beneficiaries are addressed timeously
- Provision of training to beneficiaries in livelihood activities
- Facilitate beneficiary access to psycho-social support
- Conduct consistent data collection for monitoring and research purposes
- Mainstream gender in all project activities to ensure all vulnerable social groups participate in the project
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly progress updates to the line manager
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management Sciences, Food Security, Social Sciences, Rural and Urban Planning
- Minimum of two and half years relevant and proven experience working in similar scope and environment
- Must be able to work in a team setting and function in a culturally diverse work environment.
- He/she should be able to implement measures designed to monitor and implement project quality
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and deliver the desired results
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Deadline: 6 March 2020