Job Title: Social Protection Project Officer
Reporting to: Humanitarian Programmes Coordinator
Duration: 8 months – Fixed term contract
Place of work: Bulawayo
Deadline for application: 14 June 2020 17:00 hours (applications will be assessed on a rolling basis)
A vacancy has arisen within DanChurchAid (DCA), an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations.
Purpose of the position:
Incumbent is expected to provide support towards protection mainstreaming in the implementation of DCA Social Protection, Livelihoods and Resilience building projects in compliance with donor/grant requirements and in conformity with DCA humanitarian standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify gaps and challenges in the protection referral pathways and engage relevant line Ministries to provide solutions.
- Engage relevant line Ministries to follow up and resolve identified protection cases.
- Facilitate capacity building programmes for community-based protection structures to enhance effectiveness of community prevention and response mechanisms
- Mainstream gender in all project activities and facilitate participation of all vulnerable social groups in the project.
- Track progress and coordinate protection inputs into monitoring and data tracking processes.
- Facilitate beneficiary access to psycho-social support
- Capacitate DCA and partner staff in child protection and safeguarding, sexual and gender violence, and disability.
- Identify and share lessons learned for knowledge development and build the capacity for DCA field office staff.
- Mainstream protection in project planning, research, implementation, and monitoring.
- Strengthen the complaints handling system through which affected populations complaints and concerns are documented and addressed.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate beneficiary register of targeted vulnerable groups
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress updates to the line manager
- Participate in subnational protection cluster meetings jointly with Government
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Degree in, Social Work or any Social Sciences; Human Rights or any other relevant qualification. A relevant master’s degree or post graduate diploma in child sensitive social protection is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and proven experience working in similar scope and environment;
- Familiar with referral pathways to address potential human rights violations.
- Strong understanding of urban vulnerability contexts
- Familiarity with SPHERE standards, disaster management,
- Should be familiar with the Children’s Act, Multisectoral Protocol of Management of sexual abuse and violence, Anti Domestic Violence Act, Sphere and Core Humanitarian principles, CEDAW, Constitutional provisions on gender equality, Bill of rights as well as other relevant statutes.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and function in a culturally diverse work environment;
Place: Bulawayo , Zimbabwe
Deadline: 14/06 2020
Contact person: Fortune Madhuku
Related Jobs (23)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time