A community based organisation operating in Makonde and Zvimba is seeking the services of a qualified Social Worker to lead in offering child protection services for its OVC program
Reporting to the programs manager, the social worker will support the HB program through strengthening the child protection components of the program in Makonde and Zvimba District at multiple levels. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the implementation of all child protection activities including services for SGBV survivors.
- The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Department of Social Welfare, Victim Friendly Unit and Judiciary.
- The cadre will assist Survivors of traumatic situations (GBV and sexual abuse) get the social, emotional, medical, and psychological assistance they need to recover from their experience.
- He/she will In close liaison with the DSW and CCWs, coordinate and facilitate therapeutic support groups every month that will provide GBV survivors with an opportunity of maladaptive interpersonal beliefs and behaviors through feedback from others and encouragement coupled with healthier alternative behaviors.
- The incumbent will also provide technical support in case management for all the children supported by the partner and support the Department of Social Welfare to implement the National Case Management system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with at least 3 year’s relevant work experience, particularly in children’s and women’s rights;
- This candidate should be CONNECT trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and certified; with experience delivering sessions;
- Case management experience with children will be an added advantage;
- Registered with the Council of Social Workers in Zimbabwe.
Prospective candidates meeting the requirements and with demonstrated relevant experience should submit their application together with a detailed CV, electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the position being applied for in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 13 March 2020
Related Jobs (8)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy