A Local Non-Governmental Organisation is seeking the services of a qualified Social Worker to lead in offering child protection services for its OVC program
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the Social Worker will support the HB program through strengthening the child protection components of the program in Chegutu and Kadoma Districts at multiple levels. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of all child protection activities including services for SGBV survivors. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Department of Social Welfare, Victim Friendly Unit and Judiciary. The social worker will be based in Norton.
- Assist Survivors of traumatic situations (GBV and sexual abuse) get the social, emotional, medical, and psychological assistance they need to recover from their experience;
- In close liaison with the DSW and CCWs, coordinate and facilitate therapeutic support group activities every month;
- Assessing survivors, work with them individually or as groups to develop a treatment plan, and helping the survivors and their families to develop appropriate coping skills that facilitate recovery and increase the individual’s ability to cope with future traumas;
- Diagnosis and treatment of trauma-related disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorders or major depressive disorders;
- Appropriate referrals for specialized services such as legal and clinical services;
- Provide technical support in case management for all the children supported by the organisation;
- Support the Department of Social Welfare to implement the National Case Management system;
- Lead in all child-safeguarding initiatives such as training of staff and volunteers.
Data collection and reporting
- Ensure proper and safe legal documentation, case information, data security and storage strictly following data protection protocol and confidentiality; maintain confidentiality with regards to client information at all times;
- Track indicators and analyze data on all individual or group counseling activities undertaken;
- Prepare and submit timely and quality monthly reports;
- Maintaining proper and up to date case management files.
- Link and coordinate with other services providers to ensure integrated approaches to treatment and recovery of survivors e.g. Department of Social Welfare, Ministry of Health and Child Care, Judiciary, VFU. etc.;
- Participate in District Child Protection Committee and GBV coordination meetings to improve the referral pathway;
- Assists with the coordination of workshops, case conferences and coordination meetings to ensure linkages between health and social protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with at least 3 year’s relevant work experience, particularly in children’s and women’s rights;
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of child development;
- This candidate should be CONNECT trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and certified; with experience delivering sessions;
- Commitment to working confidentially, responsibly and with respect for ethics;
- Case management experience with children will be an added advantage;
- Good moral character and no criminal record;
- Registered with the Council of Social Workers in Zimbabwe;
Email CVs and cover letters with the post being applied for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the position is urgent and shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 11 March 2020
Related Jobs (15)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (Harare) on November 23, 2020 Full Time