Reports to: SI Coordinator
The AIDS and TB Program (ATP) within the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) coordinate the National effort towards the prevention, care and treatment of HIV AIDS which remain a major public health problem in Zimbabwe. The ATP wishes to recruit for this role to contribute to the successful implementation of the Global Fund implementation plans.
Key functions include:
- Systems analysis and design, software development and modifying existing software (programming), training, implementation, and onsite support.
- In conjunction with national office plan, design, develop and maintain software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems and other MOHCC ICT systems;
- Participates in review of paper data collection tools in terms of how they can be automated in electronic systems;
- Plan, build, maintain and upgrade existing and new MOHCC ICT systems;
- Knowledge and experience in use of open source software.
- Knowledge and experience in using different development frameworks such as spring mvc, hibernate, struts, jQuery;
- Knowledge and experience in supporting a range of technologies such as Java, PHP, VB.net, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Android;
- Creates and reviews training manuals for both facilitators and participants on how to use electronic system;
- Tests systems and/or programs by preparing test plans and data, conducting test runs, reviewing both input and output data for accuracy and validity;
- Operates remote terminals and other data entry equipment;
- Maintains and revamps all databases in consultation with the DBA;
- Ensures the security and integrity of all systems and data;
- Identifies opportunities that can improve efficiency of electronic systems business processes;
- Participates in system structure design and systems programming;
- Assists in gathering user requirements and creation of the system design and functional specifications for new development projects;
- Research specific technical software and related questions and problems from users and management, relating to software systems;
- Recommends policies and procedures for using the systems; Participates in the integration of existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together;
- Participates in the activities required for the operation and maintenance of systems by recommending changes and corrections to provide for new needs for users.
- Assist in reviews and designs training manuals and procedures for the system users;
- Undertakes training evaluation programs;
- Participates in onsite systems orientation programs.
- Installs any software packages for work purposes including Windows and Linux Operating systems, anti-virus and office packages.
- First Degree in Computing and Information Technology or equivalent
Competencies and skills required
- Programming language certification Oracle certification is an added advantage (i.e Java or any RDBMS);
- 5-10 programming experience years;
- Designed and proposed electronic system until implementation.
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to:
The Secretary for Health,
Ministry of Health and Child Care,
P O Box CY 1122,
Fourth Street / Central Avenue,
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 4 December 2020