Reporting To: Manager – Preventative Maintenance and Security
Assemble, install, and or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. Measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules is included too. The person will be responsible for performing minor electrical work such as current checks.
The Field Service Technician will be asked to assist in the commissioning of the solar arrays, batteries and control systems and monitoring systems during project installation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate should have at least 6 ‘O’ level subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
- HND or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- Should also have at least two years experience in Solar industry
Key Result Areas
- Install, inspect, maintain and repair solar panel systems, including the solar collectors, inverters and all the supporting structures.Daily / Weekly / Monthly Variance Reports on Solar Infrastructure Availability against Planned availability.
- Diagnose PV system issues, including non-operation and under-performance, then develop and administer a remediation. Daily / Weekly / Monthly Site performance reports.
- Troubleshoot and resolve solar electric warranty and service issues that arise with: modules, inverters, and all system components to ensure maximum system performance. Daily / Weekly / Monthly Site performance reports.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work. Daily / Weekly / Monthly Site performance reports.
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on commercial/ Residential solar PV, commercial/Residential energy storage systems, Commercial/ Residential Inverter systems and updating manually or online logs accurately Daily / Weekly / Monthly Site performance reports.
- Performs routine checks on Solar passive equipment and check all connections and settings to ensure full optimisation of the system Daily / Weekly / Monthly Site performance reports.
- Ensure all solar panels are cleaned and producing optimum power, through routine site visits and scheduled maintenance Daily / Weekly / Monthly Site performance reports Manager Passive Elements
- Reports all incidents/accidents in line with Accident Investigation Procedure and recommend the necessary mitigation to prevent recurrence. Daily / Weekly / Monthly Accident Reports.
- Supervises safe disposal of waste in the business in compliance with statutory requirements, best practices and Integrated Waste Management requirements Quarterly Waste Management Plans & Reports.
- Ensures Contractors observe all SHE requirements consistently Monthly Violations Reports
- Upkeep of tools & test gear in good condition and participate in scheduled tool checks Compliance within set KPIs.
- Complies with Spares Management System SLA and Asset Movement Compliance within set KPIs.
Closing Date: 24-04-2020
Related Jobs (51)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract