World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
POSITION : SPONSORSHIP COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide technical support and advice to World Vision Zimbabwe Area Programs in the Southern Region on the management and implementation of sponsorship operations, safeguarding and community engagement interventions, guided by international, contextualized national policies, procedures and standards.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support on sponsorship and safeguarding issues to Area Programmes (APs) based on appropriate WV policies and standards.
- Provide advice and guidance on the management of Service Operations Indicators (SOIs), Child Management Standards (CMS), child and adult safeguarding in programs.
- Review AP systems to assess alignment to sub-regional and international standards and provide corrective guidance.
- Verify integrity of data from APs to the National Office (NO) and Support Offices (SOs).
- Monitor flow of information between the regional office and Support Offices.
- Support the design, monitoring, evaluation and learning of processes under the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP).
- Advise on child rights and safeguarding programming initiatives.
- Formulation of strategic sponsorship work papers for the Region and National Office
- Support recruitment of sponsorship staff at regional and AP levels.
- Support the conduct and validation of Sponsorship Feasibility assessments for new APs.
- Conduct orientation and induction for new staff in the APs and Regional Office.
- Organize refresher and relevant new courses on sponsorship, safeguarding and development in the Region.
- Conduct monitoring visits and advise on policies and procedures to APs.
- Support APs to conduct sponsorship and safeguarding business with audit compliance eyes.
- Supervise direct reports and provide feedback to AP team leaders for additional support.
- Organise and coordinate annual Sponsorship and safeguarding reflections for APs.
- Ensure programs meet RC supply commitments timeously each year, including new growth.
- Provide advice, guidance and coordination on the designing of annual mailings, guided by Global Centre (GC).
- Advise sponsorship staff on handling communications to the Support Offices.
- Establish Regional and NO reporting tools and protocols across sponsorship and safeguarding responsibilities.
- Review appropriate sponsorship, safeguarding reports and or CESP reports from programs before they are submitted to the NO and SOs.
- Compile and submit the regional sponsorship & safeguarding reports to the Sponsorship Manager and Operations Manager.
- Build the capacity of direct reports and AP team leaders on appropriate sponsorship & safeguarding subjects with respect to production of quality sponsorship and safeguarding products and services.
- Support APs to build the capacity of frontline staff and volunteers on Sponsorship and safeguarding issues.
- Support APs to interpret system reports and translate them into field action.
- Generate technical guidance notes on specialist subject areas for use by APs.
- Support Regional management of the Global National Office Dashboard (GNOD) to address performance gaps with GC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social Science/ Humanities degree or equivalent.
- Training qualifications.
- At least 3 years experience.
- Knowledge of World Vision sponsorship standards.
- Computer literacy, competency with SD system, CCP, Access, Excel. Lotus Notes, Power Point.
- Ability to identify training needs among Customer Service Staff.
- Ability to network with AP staff.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to trouble shoot for customer service performance.
- Knowledge of development work and ability to integrate it with sponsorship.
- Team player and team leader.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Three years working experience in rural and community
Deadline: 10 December 2020