Rumph and Associates, P.C. is seeking a Sr. Strategic Planning and Performance Management Technical Advisors to work in Harare, Zimbabwe to assist USAID/Zimbabwe in the facilitation, technical assistance, and writing services for the development of a five-year Results Framework and Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
The CDCS defines a Mission’s goals, objectives, and approach to the design and implementation of U.S. foreign assistance based on a given level of resources over a five-year period. Zimbabwe faces severe economic, social and political challenges. Annual inflation is estimated at 676 percent and Zimbabwe’s economy shrunk by 6.5 percent in 2019. The country ranks among the lowest on the Human Development Index, at 150 out of 189 countries and territories. Doctors’ strikes, commodity shortages, and lack of essential medicines characterize a health system that is barely functioning, under resourced, and on the brink of collapse. This weak health system has resulted in poor health outcomes, particularly for women and children. Maternal mortality rates are some of the highest in the region, at 651 per 100,000 live births. Life expectancy remains at 61, well below that of Zimbabwe’s neighbors. HIV prevalence is 12 percent, with an estimated 1.37 million HIV-positive Zimbabweans. In addition, high rates of malaria infection and increasing malnutrition rates weaken the overall health status of Zimbabweans. The country’s weak infrastructure and poor governance of the health system has put the country at severe risk of a widespread COVID-19 outbreak, to which Zimbabwe is woefully unprepared to respond.
- Facilitate discussions that encourage Mission consensus and ownership and lead to a strategic approach that aligns with USAID approaches and policies outlined in the next section.
- Conduct the mandatory CDCS Gender Analysis and incorporate findings into CDCS development.
- Facilitate discussion on the applicability of a scenarios-based approach.
- Facilitate Mission sessions and draft the CDCS Phase 1 concept note and Digital Video Conference (DVC) slides.
- Facilitate the development of the Results Framework (RF) and draft the RF paper and DVC slides.
- Produce the draft USAID/Zimbabwe FY 2021-2026 CDCS.
EDUCATION, MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Master’s degree or higher in social sciences or development and related disciplines.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in development, leading strategic planning that includes managing and conducting strategic planning processes and plans, preparing results and logical frameworks, and developing program objectives.
- At least 8 years’ experience related to conducting focus group discussions or key informant interviews, facilitating group discussions and in data collection and management. USAID work experience is highly valued. At least two years development experience in Africa required. Experience in Zimbabwe is preferred.
- Fluency in both written and verbal English are required.
The Mission expects the two Senior Strategic Planning and Performance Management Technical Advisors to be well versed on the analysis collected, lead facilitation sessions in conjunction with the CDCS team leader and coordinate the facilitation sessions with USAID/Zimbabwe and Washington staff members. Their duties include co-facilitating group discussions and leading sessions for the development of the concept note and DO level RFs. Their duties will also consist of synthesizing the findings from the literature review and compiling a briefing book in preparation for Zimbabwe-based activities.
Key Skills and Knowledge
Combined, the contracted team shall demonstrate the following skill set:
- Facilitation, Communication and Strategic Planning.
- In depth understanding of and experience in facilitating the development of RFs.
- Strong understanding of group processes, team development and in-person/group facilitation.
- Ability to create an open environment for all participants to express freely and openly.
- Ability to bring diverse groups to consensus.
- Ability to reflect on and summarize large amounts of information.
- Ability to distill complex ideas into manageable and accessible discussion points.
- Excellent writing and organization skills.
- Deep understanding of Zimbabwe’s development context and political and economic trajectory.
- Strong expertise with development theory and practice, particularly in RF and development hypothesis, and theories of change.
- Strong understanding of USAID’s CDCS requirements and process.
About the Organization
Rumph and Associates, P.C. (Rumph) founded in 2007 is a SBA certified 8(a), minority-owned small disadvantaged business (SDB headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia.) Rumph is committed to providing our federal, state and local government, in addition to, private sector and nonprofit clients innovative, adaptable, quality-oriented, and cost-conscious services and integrated solutions which enable them to achieve their most desired short and long-term business goals. We produce efficient, effective and well-timed results by understanding our clients’ needs and supporting them in their efforts to obtain the most desired outcomes. We have values about our company and the way it should be run. Our values are demanding and an essential part of what we do and how we act toward our associates and our business. We believe our values are the reason behind our success and allows us to keep true to ourselves during times of growth and during challenges. http://rumphandassociates.com/
Related Jobs (25)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time