Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
REPORTS TO : Operations Director
- Store Manager will be responsible for managing the processes of the operations department including sales and customer growth, product range, customer service and people management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement sales plan as set by the Directors to achieve set monthly sales target.
- Plan and implement effective interventions to ensure store’s financial objectives are met.
- Manage budgets, expenses, GP’s and ratio controls to agreed levels
- Ensure adequate stock levels through monthly stock takes thus avoiding uninterrupted product supply.
- Produce weekly and monthly sales performance reports for onward review by the Directors
- Ensure that attention is paid to specifications and quality control of all products
- Ensure adequate product range is available to maximize productivity and sales
- Coordinate outstanding customer service and satisfaction ensuring that the company is positively promoted.
- Set, monitor expected performance standards and implement performance interventions for departmental heads.
- Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future trends
- Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning
- Organizing special promotions, displays and events
- Attending and chairing meetings
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to customers and colleagues and identifying or resolving urgent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry , understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring activities of local competitors
- Initiating change to improve the business
- Maintains stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Identify and develop skills and competencies required to meet store objectives.
- Dealing with staffing issues such as recruitment, selection, orientation , conducting performance reviews, motivation and training and development
- Monitor departmental leave plans and ensure compliance to reduce leave liability is adhered to
- Maintain discipline and ensure employees adhere to standing rules and instructions.
- Maintain a hygienically clean, safe, healthy working environment by adhering to standing policies and procedures
CRITICAL AREAS OF WORK
- Grow sales on a monthly basis to agreed levels.
- Coordinate weekly/monthly stock takes and compile and submit returns to Operations Director on time.
- Weekly/monthly sales and production reports to be compiled and submitted to Operations on time.
- Ensure that products are displayed to the best advantage i.e. look tasty, fresh and clean
- Managing and motivating the team
SAFETY AND FIRE
- Promote safety consciousness with every employee at all times and ensure that they are fully aware of safety and fire drill procedures.
- Demand safe working conditions and habits from employees.
- Ensure employees are trained to promote their ability to be multi-skilled.
- Constantly strive for skills growth, sales growth and containment of expenses to minimum levels.
- Coordinate marketing, advertising and any specials within the store.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Relevant Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position
- Flexible and hands-on
- Fast learner, Honest and accountable
- Good communication skills
Eligible Candidates to send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org