(Agriculture / Poultry, Harare)
Our well known client in the poultry industry is looking for Stores Controller to join their team.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Receiving fresh & frozen processed chicken. Communicates fresh products with sales.
- Physically checks all incoming fresh & frozen goods and compares with Goods Issue Note (GIN) to ensure correct quantity & type has been received.
- Communicates any variances with PP Clerk, receives a revised GIN & inputs new GRV into system.
- Instructs Receiving Clerk to compile GRV based on GIN and signs it.
- Posts fresh processed chicken GRVs into the system immediately.
- Posts frozen processed chicken GRVs the next day or as per Sales requirements.
- Oversees that all received pallets are tagged with the correct month colour.
- Ensures all pallets are stored according to warehouse store plan.
- Updates bin cards daily.
Extent of Discretion;
- Incumbent liaises with Despatch Manager.
- Responsible for the frozen Warehouse stocks.
Major Activities required in achieving desired output.
- Ensures the warehouse is cleaned as per SOPs at all time. Advises the Despatch Clerk of any job card that needs to be generated when freezers temperature is not correct.
- Checks that FIFO is being adhered to at all time.
- Ensures the frozen warehouse staff wear their PPE as per SOPs at all time.
- Asks Despatch Clerk to raise a requisition form when PPE is needed.
- Escalates any breakdown or issue that could affect operations to Despatch Manager.
- Participates in monthly stocktake and signs all stock sheets.
- Investigates any variances and escalates to Despatch Manager if unsolved.
- Receives invoices from Order Make-up Foreman to pull out the products and load them into Local Despatch Freezer or Blast Chiller.
- Physically checks that the correct quantity & type of products are pulled out.
- Handover invoice to Despatch.
A generous salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Urgently apply if you are interested and attach your CV in word format to email@example.com