Background and Objectives
A local Christian Trust that specializes in advocacy for Peace and Socio-economic Justice is looking for a consultant to facilitate the drafting of a Five-year Strategic Plan. The trust has been conducting programs for the past 5 years under a vision, mission and specific goals, however, due to the changes in the Zimbabwean political, social and economic context, the plan needs renewal. The strategic planning session will help identify new areas of focus, set goals and develop an action plan. The plan will also help to pursue institutional strengthening.
Objectives of the Strategic Planning Meeting
- To formulate a new Five Year Strategic Plan;
- Specific objectives:
- Revise organisational goals and focus;
- Identify strategic areas of programming for the next 5 years;
- Develop strategies for institutional growth and strengthening
Scope of Work
The consultant shall facilitate the development of:
- The organization’s strategic framework (refine the Mission, Vision and strategic objectives);
- A strategy map; Key initiatives to achieve strategic objectives;
- Strategic road map; Action plan;
- Dashboards to track and manage progress
Major duties and responsibilities / Methodology
- Consultant will submit an expression of interest articulating clearly how she/he intends to facilitate the process including cost of the assignment;
- Consultant will ensure that he/she peruses our organization’s documents so as to acquaint themselves with our work, have a prior meeting with senior staff and prepare a program.
- The consultant will then handle the strategy session over 2 and half days.
- The Consultant will produce a Strategic Plan document in consultation with staff not later than 21 working days after the strategic planning meeting day;
- Report production capturing the process, observations and recommendations.
Qualifications, key competences, technical background, and experience required
Consultant must have:
- A deep appreciation of Christian values and ethos.
- Previous experience in similar assignments for a minimum period of 10 years especially in organizational development;
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Development studies, or any other related area of study;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience, with a focus on facilitating organizational development processes;
- Expertise in designing and implementing a wide range of interactive methods to strengthen non-profit organizations.
Expected results/ deliverables
- 5 year Strategic Plan document;
- Detailed Action Plan;
- A Strategic Plan meeting report inclusive of recommendations.
- Preparatory Meetings and documents review 3 days, facilitation, 2 and half days, 1st draft document submission, 10 days;
- 2nd draft document submission, 5 days;
- Final document and report submission, 5 days: total, 25 days
Role of the Organization
- Provide all the documents required by the Consultant necessary for the assignment;
- All correspondence must be done via emails Email: email@example.com
Deadline: 21 August 2020