The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Field Office and/ or Logistics Officer the will provide effective specialized support to supply chain operations and activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries
- To provide analytics and contributions to the supply chain activities or/and contribute to field supply chain operations, following an effective and integrated supply chain approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
Key Accountabilities Cont:
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Strategy||Demonstrates understanding of supply chain strategies and corporate frameworks. Supports analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation.|
|Supply Chain & Networks Management||Demonstrates robust understanding of end-to-end supply chain management. Supports the design and implementation of supply chain, retail and partnership networks.
Supports the design and integrated delivery of supply chain services.
|Supply Chain Capacity Strengthening||Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain capacity strengthening in operational contexts. Implements capacity development initiatives in own area of responsibility.|
|Supply Chain Performance & Development||Supports integrated supply chain information management and conducts advanced Supply Chain and performance analytics. Contributes to supply chain improvement and innovation initiatives.|
|Supply Chain Planning||Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain planning in operational contexts. Designs plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. Leverages expert intelligence and system data to conduct planning analytics.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Ndebele.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Warehouse management, Supply chain planning, people management skills, coordination and leadership skills in a supply chain setup
- 6 years WFP/UN Supply Chain/Logistics Experience
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in analysing operational context and trends;
- Experience in supporting analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation;
- Experience in designing plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in analysing end-to-end supply chain operations;
- Experience working with supply chain information systems;
- Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
- Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
- Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
- Experience in report writing.
- Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via E- Recruitment attaching a signed application letter and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Applicants are also requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applicants are requested to submit their applications on or before the closing date of 16 April 2020
Female applicants who are qualified and experienced for this post are especially encouraged to apply