CBZ Holdings’ Group IT is hiring a SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The role – what we expect from you:
- Install Oracle Database, SQL Server Database, Weblogic Application Server, Tomcat Application Server and Business Intelligence Systems
- Design and configure Application Server platforms, Database platforms and Business Intelligence reporting platforms.
- Implement security on the Application Server platforms, Database platforms and Business Intelligence reporting platforms
- Update latest patches onto the platforms as and when the patches are released.
- Perform proactive and reactive capacity management activities including tuning activities on all Applications and Databases.
- Ensure that root-cause analysis is carried out for all incidences recorded on all Applications and Databases to achieve systems stability
- Set up the hardware platforms for the following systems: Red Hat Linux, Oracle Solaris and Data ONTAP, including systems configuration and maintenance.
- Provide support for engineered systems such as: Storage Arrays, Tape Library, Physical Domains, Logical Domains and Zones.
- Prepare hardware for virtualization and configure virtual machines in line with operational requirements.
- Monitor the availability of virtual machines, resolving queries.
- Produce systems documentation for all supported systems.
- Prepare Database, Operating System and Storage administration scripts for automation of EOC activities.
- Develop and maintain EOC procedures for use by IT Operations during EOC processing.
- Set up Disaster Recovery for all supported systems, document invocation procedures and perform DR tests routinely as per set guidelines.
- Implement and review IT Security controls on internally developed systems.
Qualifications, Skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- 5 Years’ experience in an IT business environment
- Database Administration, SUN Solaris or Redhat Certification
- Knowlwdge of Database systems.
- Knowledge of Middleware and ITIL framework.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation technologies and Storage technologies
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication skills
Please email application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for as the subject title.
Applications close Tuesday 16 June 2020.