CBZ Holdings’ Group IT is hiring a SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The role – what we expect from you:
- Install Oracle Database, SQL Server Database, Weblogic Application Server, Tomcat Application Server and Business Intelligence Systems
- Design and configure Application Server platforms, Database platforms and Business Intelligence reporting platforms.
- Implement security on the Application Server platforms, Database platforms and Business Intelligence reporting platforms
- Update latest patches onto the platforms as and when the patches are released.
- Perform proactive and reactive capacity management activities including tuning activities on all Applications and Databases.
- Ensure that root-cause analysis is carried out for all incidences recorded on all Applications and Databases to achieve systems stability
- Set up the hardware platforms for the following systems: Red Hat Linux, Oracle Solaris and Data ONTAP, including systems configuration and maintenance.
- Provide support for engineered systems such as: Storage Arrays, Tape Library, Physical Domains, Logical Domains and Zones.
- Prepare hardware for virtualization and configure virtual machines in line with operational requirements.
- Monitor the availability of virtual machines, resolving queries.
- Produce systems documentation for all supported systems.
- Prepare Database, Operating System and Storage administration scripts for automation of EOC activities.
- Develop and maintain EOC procedures for use by IT Operations during EOC processing.
- Set up Disaster Recovery for all supported systems, document invocation procedures and perform DR tests routinely as per set guidelines.
- Implement and review IT Security controls on internally developed systems.
Qualifications, Skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- 5 Years’ experience in an IT business environment
- Database Administration, SUN Solaris or Redhat Certification
- Knowlwdge of Database systems.
- Knowledge of Middleware and ITIL framework.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation technologies and Storage technologies
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication skills
Please email application and CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for as the subject title.
Applications close Tuesday 16 June 2020.
Related Jobs (9)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time