Business Unit : Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area : Zimbabwe
Department : IT
Vacancy Manager : Digital Products Development Manager
Purpose of the job
Supporting the systems utilized by BancABC business units. Development within various systems in support
of new or changed requirements. Performing system analysis, code modifications, and functional testing to
troubleshoot application production issues.
Main Focus Areas
- Develop high quality software code in accordance with established BancABC standards and development guidelines.
- Develop knowledge of the bank’s application portfolio, development tools, and development procedures.
- Produce technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base.
- Perform adequate unit testing of own and other developers’ application development work.
- Expeditiously troubleshoot application production issues that resolve the issues without causing additional problems.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Provide updates on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting the on-time completion or quality level of work.
- Collaborate with other departments and develop communications that will keep key stakeholders up-to-date on changes to functionality, appearance and security features within the platforms.
- Liaison with third party vendors to resolve issues, bugs or custom requests when identified.
- Manage all cases in various case management portals proactively and efficiently.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- In-field experience with development and integration with FCUBS core banking, an added advantage.
- Should be Java certified.
Skills and Competencies:
- Innovative and agile
- Excellent IT skills
- Positive attitude.
- Efficient Time management.
- Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
- Confident and resilient.
- Ability to use excel at Intermediate level a must
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent communicator and motivator.
- Team player.
- Leadership qualities – natural leader and team player with strong influencing skills.
- Problem solver
- Analytical person
Job Related Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of development frameworks .NET 4.0+ framework and webforms architecture, etc.
- Significant experience in building platform services/API’s; SOAP/WSDL for Oracle databases
- Should be organized, self-disciplined and proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 15 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (9)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time