Designation: Systems Engineer
Business Unit: Technology Services
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Technology Services
Vacancy Manager: Technology Infrastructure & Networks Manager
Purpose of the job
To coordinate the design, installation and connectivity of computer systems infrastructure to ensure stable operation of the bank’s IT service, this includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing hardware, software and communication channels. This dynamic role is responsible for administering and managing the data centre, systems security, implementing and maintaining the Bank’s systems backup and recovery procedures.
Main Focus Areas
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management
- Coordinating the designing, installing and connectivity of computer systems infrastructure to ensure stable operation of the bank’s IT service, this includes developing configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing hardware, software and communication channels.
- Administering and managing the data centre, systems security, implementing and maintaining the Bank’s systems
backup and recovery procedures.
- Proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Evaluating the existing systems and providing the technical direction to IT support staff.
- Monitoring and testing application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with
developers to implement those fixes.
- Overseeing the development of customized software and hardware requirement.
- Planning and implementing systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Formulating and designing the security system in place to maintain data safety.
- Maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participating in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaising with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in Systems Engineering.
- Proficiency in data architecture and programming
- Performance tuning of application stacks viz. Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX.
- Good cloud experience.
- Experience with virtualization viz. VMware, Virtual Box
- Network experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication, personal, and governance skills.
- Brilliant conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are vital to the position.
- The top core skills for systems engineering are information security, integration, and security, mathematics, application development, and systems software.
Job Related Knowledge
- Critical Thinking Knowledge of Emerging Technologies and ability to integrate, apply and evaluate new information technologies forbusiness environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters;
- System application knowledge to enable excellent IT service for business clients.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Systems
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 07 August 2020 @ 1630hrs.