Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Systems Engineer which has arisen within the Technology Services Department.
To monitor, configure and optimise systems in line with Technology Services performance standards for Steward Bank.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Researches, analyses and benchmarks available systems (Cloud services) against Vendor and Industry practices and submits a report with recommendations to the Technology Infrastructure and Networks Manager.
- Uploads anti-virus security on all servers in line with the anti-virus license.
- Attends to all issues raised in audit reports and implements resolutions in areas such as Data Centre systems are within recommended audit standards.
- Liaises with the Networks Engineer regarding common issues on the development of Infrastructure and Networks plan.
- Provisions the Infrastructure in order to allow uploading of periphery systems.
- Engages with relevant vendors and service providers (for example Liquid, ZOL, Zimswitch) regarding system technical problems.
- Identifies through the vendors, possible suitable systems for the Bank and recommends accordingly.
- Analyses and provides diagnostic & trend analysis reports to the Technology Infrastructure and Networks manager on a weekly basis.
- Monitors server and network performance daily using appropriate monitoring toots (such dashboards).
- Performs routine maintenance activities, when red flags are raised and when maintenance services highlight additional actions are required.
- Configures and maintains physical and virtual server environment daily in line with the Infrastructure and Systems Architecture plan.
- Interfaces with Enterprise Architecture Manager on system development issues.
- Designs local & wide area network of machines and documents all aspects of design including graphic illustration of overall architecture.
- Performs root cause analysis for service interruption, resolves and / or escalates to the Infrastructure and Networks Manager.
- Performs daily backup, archiving & disaster recovery of systems such as Emails, File server.
- Tests the Disaster Recovery procedures & updates processes, policies in line with the ERM plan and advises the Infrastructure and Networks Manager.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in Technology Services
- Professional certification Microsoft, LINUX will be required.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, Systems Engineer clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 17 August 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will contacted.