Business Unit : Technology Services
Geographical Area : Zimbabwe
Department : Technology Services
Vacancy Manager : Enterprise Architecture Manager
Purpose of the job
To coordinate and lead the process of linking together different computing systems and software applications, physical or functionally, to act as a coordinated whole.
Main Focus Areas
- Responsible for developing and maintaining system integrations and components including
but not limited to; application to application integrations, services, internal and external API, file transfer, and EDI and SQL queries
- Responsible for participating in requirements analysis and decomposition, design, development, internal testing, and the documentation of same for the application-application integrations.
- Primary responsibilities will also include troubleshooting existing integrations and providing technical support to the application development team.
- Design integration solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices.
- Work with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations.
- Develop and maintain data integration components such as SQL queries, stored procedures, data extraction and cleansing, and integration with system front end components.
- Build reports and/or data extracts to support business analysis.
- Support development on resolving system defects, acting as liaison, and developing solutions.
- Coordinate directly with business users and business analyst to best understand and analyze business specifications.
- Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot and resolve integration errors.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Informatics Integration certificate
- At least an enterprise framework certification e.g Spring, J2EE
- 5 years’ application development experience.
- Experience in the following is mandatory;
- System integration/application rationalization/ standardization
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ Spring)
- Experience in Swagger and tools such as Postman, SOAPUI is a requirement.
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience on source code version control systems GIT/ Stash
- Experience on build and integration tools including Jenkins, auto deployment tools
- Strong knowledge of Agile/ Scrum methodology
- Andson Agile development
- Indepth knowledge of GraphQL, REST and SOAP web services
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to design and document software solutions.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Technical skills to span multiple “systems” or “platforms
Job Related Knowledge
- Critical Thinking Knowledge of Emerging Technologies and ability to integrate, apply and
evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions,
major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters;
- System integration/ application knowledge to enable excellent IT service for business clients.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Systems Integration Specialist”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing Date: 08 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (19)
Recent Graduates / Part time Students – Research Software Engineer on December 3, 2020 Internship Part Time
Recent Graduates / Part time Students – Front End Developer on December 3, 2020 Internship Part Time