The Organisation of Rural Associations (ORAP) presents an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified and motivated candidates to fill the following vacancies. ORAP is a leading local NGO involved in development and relief (emergency) work in rural communities in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South and Midlands provinces. It exists to fight all forms of poverty among the rural and urban grassroots communities of disadvantaged women, men and youth through the empowerment of people by facilitating their development in their diverse cultural contexts.
Level : Senior Management
Department : Operations
Reports To : Chief Executive Officer
- Leading and supervising subordinates
- Liaising with the Compliance Coordinator regarding legal matters and procedures.
- Representing ORAP in relationships with financial institutions, donors, investors, auditors and public officials.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations governing non-profit making organisations.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date financial and management reports.
- Participating in developing new business and assist the CEO in the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, identifying new funding opportunities and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective initiatives.
- Working with the CEO in the development and review of the long-term strategic vision of the organisation which includes fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships across various levels as well as assisting in the development/negotiation of contracts.
- Developing and maintaining a check of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organisation.
- Interpreting ORAP policies and making policy recommendations to the CEO as required.
- Providing insight into the organisation’s operations and business plans.
- Upholding the ORAP Vision, Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Performing any other related duties as delegated by the CEO.
- A minimum of a Chartered Accountant is required.
- An MBA or equivalent business qualification is an advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in a senior strategic financial and/ or operations role.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of non-profit accounting including, but not limited to, sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software.
- At least five years as a Chartered Accountant or equivalent in an NGO with at least an annual budget of USD5 million. ? Should have previously worked with people of different age groups in culturally diverse environments.
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent creative, analytical, abstract reasoning and organisational skills.
- Solid working knowledge on budgeting, project management, strategic planning and human resources.
- Integrity to earn the respect and trust of staff and external constituencies
- Demonstrate leadership ability, interpersonal and team management skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with relevant software packages.
- Ability to manage broad and diverse operations concurrently. ? Display an understanding of rural economy dynamics.
To apply for the position please send your comprehensive CVs, application letter and certified copies of relevant qualifications, with clear marking or subject line by the 13th of August, 2020 to:
The Human Resources Manager;
16 Boone Avenue;
Or E-mail: email@example.com
Suitably qualified female applicants (in line with affirmative action) and those who are differently able are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.