Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant position of a Tax
Accountant. Key responsibilities will include tax reporting and advising on relevant changes to legislation or tax
issues that affect the business, ensuring company’s compliance with all applicable tax regulations, advising
management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies as well as impact of new laws on tax liabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, file, maintain supporting schedules and pay monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc tax returns on time.
- Prepares withholding tax remittances and issue of certificates to suppliers.
- Assists in effective tax planning and tax risk management.
- Establishes and streamlines methods of tax preparation to foster a strong tax control environment.
- Oversees all tax audits with ZIMRA and external auditors
- Maintain and update the company tax asset register
- Maintains and reconciles tax balances on all general ledgers
- Stays abreast of up to date tax developments and advising management on their impact to the
- Recommends tax planning strategies by researching, interpreting and implementing tax laws.
- Complete related tasks as when required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Taxation from a reputable university.
- Professional qualification such as CAZ, ACCA, ICTA or other tax related qualification is an added
- Membership of a recognized tax institution is preferable
- A minimum of 5 years proven work experience.
- Experience working at ZIMRA Technical Services is an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Excellent technical and practical skills in financial accounting and taxation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with employees and stakeholders
- Strong Computing skills
Interested candidates should send their applications, CVs and at least two references to:
The Corporate Services Director,
TelOne Private Limited,
107 Kwame Nkrumah,
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27 March 2020.