Duty Station: Bulawayo
A local NGO whose mission is to facilitate the development and application of innovative approaches to improve rural livelihoods, resilience and sustainable natural resources management is seeking suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Team Leader, Enterprise Development and Marketing.
Reporting to the Director, the position seeks to ensure viability of community based enterprises aimed at livelihoods and natural resources enhancement.
The Team Leader, Enterprise Development and Marketing will be expected to:
- Lead the development and implementation of the business strategy, models and plans to enable program beneficiaries to improve incomes as well as opportunities to access finance from private and public-supported sources;
- Lead the design and implementation of market assessments and value chain analysis to identify natural products and farming business opportunities for rural beneficiaries;
- Design and produce marketing, value chain, business development and value addition training materials and tools for community based enterprises;
- Facilitate appropriate training for agro and natural resources based enterprises in business management and entrepreneurship;
- Design and implement procedures for undertaking project feasibility and viability studies for the organization’s enterprise development programs;
- Establish, nurture and maintain enduring market linkages and relationships amongst all value chain actors in the sector of agro and natural products;
- Improve/develop the capacity of project staff/farmers’ associations to identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and understand and implement a demand-driven, commercialisation approach to rural development based on access to markets;
- Conduct marketing research for non-timber forest and agricultural products;
- Design procedures and tools for carrying out agro and natural resources economic valuation;
- Design and facilitate implementation of business performance management systems;
- Develop, and regularly review, procedures and guidelines for funding and approval of loans, and provide relevant and appropriate training on credit management to communities, rural district council staff, and the organization field staff;
- Coordinate and manage specific project budgets and enforcement of compliance and accountability for resources;
- Provide technical capacity to programme beneficiaries to improve their understanding of business-related concepts in seeds companies development such as: factors of production; costs of production; quality control/market standards; opportunity cost; gross margin and profit analysis; return on investment, credit/budgeting, and risk;
- Co-ordinate and / or implement short-term research projects on issues related to business development, agro and natural use and management;
- Undertake organizational resource mobilization and consultancy work as required by management from time to time;
- Prepare and produce well researched project proposals that are relevant to the organisation’s main goals and activities;
- Prepare well-documented progress reports based on the organization and donor agreed reporting format;
- Undertake any other duties that are in line with organisation’s goals and mandate as requested by the organization management.
Required skills, experience and education
- Preferably Master’s degree in agricultural economics, marketing or business administration, or related field;
- At least 5 years hands on experience in agro-business development, preferably in farm planning and economic analysis;
- Demonstrated experience in successful development of business models and plans for agro and natural resources products;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors)
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning;
- Strong experience in and understanding of Zimbabwean and Southern African natural resources products markets;
- Demonstrated past experience with agro and natural resources product market and value chain analysis;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Working knowledge of Shona/Ndebele is an advantage;
- Experience in small to medium scale agro-and natural products enterprise management;
- Experience with externally funded development programmes would be desirable, preferably with experience in market-oriented projects;
- Experience in dealing with local authorities (RDCs), NGOs, CBOs, Government Ministries/Departments in Zimbabwe;
- Class Four (4) Driver’s Licence a prerequisite.
Please send your application cover letter and CV (max 4 pages) to email address: email@example.com clearly marked Team Leader – Enterprise and Marketing Development in subject line.
(Please note this is re-advertised, those who applied before need not apply)
Deadline: 31 March 2020