Position Title: Technical Officer, Integrated HIV Services
Supervisor: Technical Director (TD)
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) through interventions that complement the public sector as part of the multi-sectorial response led by the Government of Zimbabwe. ZHCT project increases the availability of high-quality comprehensive care and treatment services for PLHIV and strengthen community-facility health systems to monitor, track and maintain PLHIV in care.
In close liaison with Technical Director (TD) and Senior Technical Advisor (STA), Integrated HIV Services, the position provides technical support to the project to implement high quality integrated HIV services and activities across all project sites. It has a special focus on increasing access to care and treatment, retention of clients in care and treatment, and ensuring technical efficacy of all HIV strategies of the project.
- Provides technical support related to management of HIV and approaches to advance retention of clients in care for PLHIV.
- Contributes to the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation and evaluation of integrated HIV/AIDS activities within the project.
- Provides overall supervision for all FHI 360/ZHCT District office staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by FHI 360 and its funders.
- Supports provision of technical assistance to MOHCC in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation strategies of various components of the HIV/AIDS service delivery elements as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Contribute to strengthening a standardized monitoring and evaluation system in support of the continuum of care for integrated HIV services at community level.
- Undertakes regular frequent monitoring visits to project sites as necessary
- Coordinates all capacity building and external quality assurance activities for FHI 360 staff at district levels.
- Lead/Review periodic reports (programmatic and financial) submitted by all ZHCT staff at the district level and produce consolidated reports for submission to the Provincial Medical Director (PMD) and country office.
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from the project and other relevant projects that are related to community-based management of integrated HIV/AIDS services and apply these lessons to modify and improve the project.
- Work closely with the Country Office Technical team to develop and monitor district annual work plans and budget.
- Ensures that all FHI 360 assets and other resources are effectively managed Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment in Zimbabwe
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated ability to manage a team
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent in-country travel – minimum of 50%.
- MBChB, Nursing Science, MS/MA in Social science or equivalent.
- Possession of an MPH/ enrolled on an MPH program or post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 2 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation or Provincial level working with NGO sectors
- Valid registration with the relevant professional body
- Familiarity with Zimbabwe health systems and NGOs is highly desirable.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.