Business Unit : Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area : Zimbabwe
Department : Technology Services Department
Vacancy Manager Head: Technology Operations and Infrastructure
Purpose of the job
Manages, controls, co-ordinates the activities of the Digital channels section ensuring that the Bank’s strategic and operational objectives are met. These include Switch management, Cards technicalmanagement, Third Party Processing technical management, Payments / e-Commerce projects management.
Main Focus Areas
1. DEPARTMENTAL PLANNING
- Plans resource requirements of the section based on the monthly technology operations performance targets.
- Guides and oversees the drafting and approval process of processes, procedures, work flows and operating manuals.
- Sets and agrees sectional targets such as projects deliverables and system uptimes with Head Technology Operations and Infrastructure.
2. PAYMENTS AND E-COMMERCE AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Manages the technical aspects of the Vendor selection process (Technical lead during clarifications, presentations, site visits and selection) and engages vendors such as MasterCard, VISA, PEX, ZSS and EFT Corp to implement products and solutions in response to customer demands.
- Co-ordinates the requirements gathering process during the vendor selection process for any Payments
- Liaises with Card Associations to provide key vendors who can implement envisaged Payment solution.
3. DIGITAL CHANNELS MANAGEMENT
- Manages and oversees the availability of all deployed digital channels on a daily basis to ensure that agreed SLAs are met.
- Manages resolution of logged issues as per agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Reviews, on a weekly basis, documented system challenges to ensure that recurrence of same issues are avoided.
4. SWITCH TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT
- Manages the daily uptimes of the Switch in accordance with the agreed SLAs.
- Manages the implementation of new digital channels or integrations on the Switch.
- Researches and recommends new Hardware and Software required to improve capacity on the Switch to meet new business processing requirements and use cases.
5. CARDS TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT
- Manages the implementation of Card Issuance solutions, such as Instant Card Issuance and EMV Chip and PIN.
- Manages the implementations of new card products, like branded Prepaid VISA Cards.
- Manages and supports the issuance of all proprietary cards on the Switch platform’s Card Management System.
- Provides technical support to Card Operations unit for both branded and proprietary cards.
6. TPP TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT
- Technical Management of TPP projects:- Cards, digital channels, certifications, PINs, transactions processing.
- Manages the resolution of technical issues identified with any TPP or outsourced implemented solution.
- Technical liaison between the Card associations and TPP during product development or resolution of compliance issues.
7. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET CONTROL
- Develops and agrees on the digital channels technical budget with Head Technology
Operations and Infrastructure
- Monitors and controls expenditure as per approved budget.
8. SUPERVISION OF STAFF
- Develops the necessary plan/s to ensure that the section meets agreed goals and objectives.
- Meets with staff, discusses and agrees short and medium term key result areas, key objectives/tasks and action plans.
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding people and business management skills.
- Highly Innovative
- Good Project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Good problem-solving skills, expressing the ability to question, listen and understand the customer and business environment.
- Up -to -date with the current (and future) levels of Technology.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science or equivalent will be required.
- MBA an added advantage
- Switch qualifications
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Manager – Technical Services Manager” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 20 March 2020 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (9)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time