Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
UNIVERSITY INCUBATION HUB
POST: TECHNICIAN /SENIOR TECHNICIAN /CHIEF TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the Director – Incubation Hub, the Technician’s responsibilities will include supervising the control processes, performing various tests on products, writing up reports, diagnosing and resolving problems with products, methods, and equipment, and providing training and general support to the incubation teams.
The Technician should display great attention to detail and a sound understanding of what makes a good product. Top-notch candidates should be able to identify problems in a product or production line and make clear recommendations to innovators on the assembly line.
The ideal candidate should be innovative and ensure innovators develop efficient production processes and quality products timeously. The incumbent should be passionate about innovation, commercialization and industrialization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND or similar.
- A Science Degree will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of production processes is required.
- At least 2 years working experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Good observation and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical thinking skills that are pre-disposed to solving problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training.
- Willingness to work overtime as and when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring the required materials are available for production, and that the Incubation Labs and Industrial Park are safe for all innovators.
- Inspecting machinery and reporting any faults to management and innovators.
- Identifying faults and troubleshooting wherever possible.
- Analyzing performance and products, then making suitable recommendations.
- Scheduling training sessions and refresher workshops as required.
- Establishing high-quality standards and ensuring they are implemented by innovators.
- Regularly educating staff members and innovators in the Incubation Hub on health and safety regulations.
- Implementing preventative maintenance methods.
- Staying up-to-date with efficient methods of production and equipment maintenance procedures.
NB: Applicants who responded to the initial job advert need not respond.
Six copies of applications, giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and copies of certificates, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar Human Resources
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 8 December 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.