INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA) is a public interest environmental law association with two decades of promoting environmental justice through sustainable and equitable utilization of natural resources and environmental protection. The work of ZELA is fundamental to the sustainable management of natural resources which impacts on the livelihoods and posterity of vulnerable communities in Zimbabwe. It must be noted that ZELA’s work has evolved from a sole focus on environmental rights to a broader natural resource governance agenda across different natural resources including land, water, wildlife and mineral resources and therefore it is important to review the communication strategy while ensuring that a communication policy is developed. The importance is also cemented by the fact that the organization has since developed a new strategy that will run from 2020-2024. The communication tools will guide the communication of the public interest environmental law organisation with its different stakeholders, locally, regionally and internationally.
The primary vehicle for delivering this value involves a high-level matrix of communication and advocacy that engages a complex group of stakeholders. The communication policy should map out accountability structures and reporting systems for tracking implementation, which should be reflective in the communication policy. The policy should also include a brand manual with templates for key communication material. The policy should also evenly distribute the communication responsibilities and provide guidelines for external service providers who deliver creative and media production services. While ZELA may be creating and disseminating information; without a clear strategy communication is ineffective. Against this background, the public interest organization is seeking the services of a qualified communication for development specialist to undertake the review of ZELA Communication Strategy and develop the Communication policy for the organization.
Main Objectives of the review of the communication strategy
- To undertake the review of ZELA’s Communication strategy and assist in addressing and organizing essential factors of communications planning, execution, and evaluation by ensuring that;
- The strategy raises the public profile of ZELA to establish credibility or reputational equity
- The strategy is ably directing and managing public relations with key stakeholders to realising mutual benefits and enduring partnerships
- The strategy clearly outlines how communities with access to natural resources and the broader stakeholders can become informed advocates that can unite and engage with corporations and organisations towards sustainable social responsibility.
- Develop a robust communication policy
Specific Terms of Reference
The specific terms of reference of the review are:
- Review of the Communication strategy and align it to ZELA’s strategy;
- Develop a robust communication policy to set up a system to support this strategy;
- This system should map out accountability structures and reporting systems for tracking implementation;
- The policy should include a brand manual with templates for key communication material;
- The policy should evenly distribute the communication responsibilities and provide guidelines for external service providers who deliver creative and media production services.
- The policy must allow for adept reaction and response to current events or crises, produce results, and maximize natural resource and environmental protection outcomes.
- Reviewed and aligned ZELA Communication strategy
- Communications policy with clear communication outcomes
- Participate in an internal workshop to review the communication strategy
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application including the following:
- Technical and financial proposal
- Brief resume with at least three traceable reference organization where similar services have been provided.
- Sample of work related to the aforementioned assignment
A suitable consultant should possess the following qualifications
- A degree in Communication, Media Studies or any Social Science
- At least five years’ experience in development communication work
- The ability to research, write, review and produce high quality work.
- Good comprehension and ability to ensure clarity, congruence and consistency in communication
- Competency in clear, concise documenting in plain English.
Interested and qualified Consultants who meet the above requirements should send their application clearly stating how they meet the requirements, methodology to be used and cost of the consultancy to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 14th of August 2020. The title of the consultancy should be clearly stated in the email subject.
Related Jobs (30)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time