Location: Mt. Darwin and Hurungwe
About the organization
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Primary Counsellors, based in Mt. Darwin and Hurungwe in Mashonaland Central and West provinces, respectively. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for one year and is renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
Successful candidates will be seconded and attached to MoHCC health facilities and will provide direct service in support of both facility and community testing, retaining and linking clients to ART and TB preventive therapy and treatment, ART initiation, accurate documentation and defaulter tracking. He/she will work closely with CLF/FLF/VLFP and VHW at facility and community level in the implementation of HIV care and treatment activities.
- Mobilising for mass viral load collection, offering counselling for viral load testing and ensuring that all results for clients are properly filed and recorded in the client file;
- Providing testing and counselling services as guided by the health facility MoHCC and Zim-TTECH staff;
- Strengthening index testing and partner testing at health facility and community for consenting clients;
- Providing Rapid HIV testing at facility and community entry points;
- Working in collaboration with the DSD Nurse in screening of all clients visiting the facility and testing all eligible clients; linking index case clients for community index case testing;
- Coordinating with the CLF and the HPs to identify high risk population that need sensitisation on HIV;
- Providing counselling services before, during and after HIV testing;
- Providing EAC sessions for all clients with high viral load in collaboration with the OI and MoHCC Nurse;
- Promoting DSD ART models to decongest health care facilities;
- Compiling statistics and producing reports which will be shared with the Health Facility staff, District Nursing Officer, Program Coordinators at Zim-TTECH office for further planning and decision making on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Coordinating and supervising activities of CLFs and Facility Linkages Facilitators (FLFs) and Village Health Workers/Health Promoters (VHWs/HPs) at community level;
- Conducting quarterly facility folder review for accurate data reporting and management of all clients with outstanding services using the flagging system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in HIV Counselling;
- A valid Rapid HIV testing certificate is mandatory;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV Counselling services;
- Computer Skills in Word, Excel, Internet;
- Must be a mature person of integrity who can be entrusted with confidential information.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates clearly indicating the preferred district and province on the REF of your Cover letter. Candidates should not apply to more than one district or province to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the below mentioned address:-
The Human Resources Officer
10 Natal Rd, Belgravia,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24 September 2020