Reporting to: Provincial Program Manager
Location: Provincial Offices (Bulawayo, Chitungwiza, Matabeleland South)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Application Deadline: Friday the 11th of September 2020
Main purpose of the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for the finance and operations functions of the province ensuring that these functions are conducted in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures. The Provincial Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of the Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Logistics and Administration functions of the Province.
- Coordinating the inputs from different districts and updating the consolidated provincial budget templates and budget narratives in liaison with the Finance Analyst to come up with accurate budgets.
- Build the capacity of provincial managers and district program officers to effectively manage their budgets through sharing detail ledger extracts for their respective units, interpreting financial data and coordinating with the Accountant to provide any additional information as required.
- Assist the Provincial Manager to track expenditure through interpreting the Budget Variance Analysis Report (BVA Report)
- Support the provincial managers to prepare the monthly cash request
- Create and maintain copies of financial records in compliance with OPHID policies and procedure
- Review consolidate and submit consolidated petty cash acquittals to the Provincial Manager for approval
- Review all district acquittals/expense reports for compliance with OPHID policies and procedures prior to submission to central office.
- To coordinate the local recruitment and selection function, to ensure that the best staff are selected in compliance with OPHID policy. To participate in placement of adverts, inviting candidates for interviews, and organizing interviews, under guidance from HR Central Office.
- Ensuring the collation of all Provincial timesheets including DSD Nurses and CRF’s.
- Checking and ensuring that all timesheets are correctly signed and filled before timeously submitting them to Central Office.
- Collecting and submitting Human Resources documents to and from Provincial staff to Central Office.
- Supporting the Provincial Manager in organizing Provincial leave plans. In liaison with the Provincial Coordinator sent through leave reminders, to ensure that Provincial staff go on leave, in accordance with the Policy.
- Creating, maintaining and updating the database for Clinical Referral Facilitators and OI/ART nurses. Coordinating and keeping track of the submission of time sheets and reports.
- Maintaining and updating the Provincial Policies File.
- Coordinate the development of consolidated provincial offices procurement plans in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures.
- Raise procurement requisitions for each district in the Pastel Evolution Procurement Module in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures.
- Liaising with Provincial staff in procuring and verifying workshop venues to ensure that venues are compliant and that value for money is obtained
- Coordinating the organization of workshops and conferences for the province as per the guidelines to ensure that workshops are held at appropriate venues.
- Keep the office organized and running efficiently through ordering office supplies as needed and keeping track of inventories.
- Ensure that programs have adequate transport through scheduling for maintenance and liaising with the central office Transport Officer for back up as necessary.
- Prepare the monthly transport report for the province through reviewing and consolidating the input from all districts in compliance with the OPHID Transport Policy and Procedures
- Prepare the fuel and tollgates monthly expenditure schedules in compliance with the OPHID Policies and Procedures
- Support the Provincial Manager to effectively manage the fleet through monitoring the vehicle tracking system and generating exception reports with recommendations for corrective action.
- Participate as a member of the accident review committee in compliance with the OPHID Transport Policy.
- Maintain vehicle use records in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures
- Periodic inspection of OPHID’s assets and properties and ensuring that they are tagged for safeguarding the assets and maintenance of the Asset Registers ensuring that all asset and supplies acquisitions are recorded therein
- Maintenance of office equipment to ensure operational efficiency in the office
- At least a Degree in Accounting, Business Studies or Administration (where courses on financial management, administration, human resources management were part of the degree curriculum).
- Valid and Clean Class 4 Drivers’ License with at least 2 years driving experience
- Sound appreciation of internal controls and accounting principles.
- Excellent knowledge and application skills of IT tools and management systems.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and results orientation.
- Client oriented approach to work.Skills to manage relationships and communicate.
- Step 1: Click here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
During the application process, OPHID will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment to be made for any application to be considered. Canvassing for or by any candidate will lead to disqualification.