Location: Harare, Bulawayo & Bindura
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Purpose of the position
The Sponsorship Assistant works together with the Family Care Coordinator and other Co- care co-workers in handling all Sponsorship activities in the program location. S/he is the immediate link to the sponsored children at the village and affiliated projects regarding sponsorship tasks. It is also the responsibility of the co-worker to form close relationships with the sponsored children and record progressive information for the sponsors’ consumption. S/he is expected to follow up on data and information on the overall development of sponsored children and the facilities in general and pass reliable information to the National Sponsorship Officer (NSPO); The Sponsorship Assistant prepares all correspondences, reports and digital contents in a manner that will attract and keep sponsors well informed about the sponsored children activities in the village.
Duties & responsibilities
- Follow data and overall information on the facility and sponsored children that are necessary for the sponsorship service;
- Create good contact with sponsored children/young people, mothers, Youth Care Co-workers and other relevant co-workers and timely record relevant and progressive information for sponsors’ consumption;
- Gather information and record the progress of the programmatic activities of the program location and programme units;
- Follow up on the status of children/young people and the program location in general and update NSPO monthly;
- Prepare progress reports on all sponsored children as per the International Sponsorship Policy Support guidelines;
- Compose facility reports including major activities of the villages and affiliated projects bi annually for the consumption of facility sponsors;
- Facilitate the preparation of Christmas cards by children at the Kindergarten levels and Christmas greetings cards by the rest of the sponsored children/young people;
- Receive and register letters and gifts of sponsors from the NSPO and distributes these gifts to intended recipients;
- Provide relevant information to children on sponsorship program and other relevant information regularly;
- Fill in the child admission registration form and forward to NSPO along with picture of the child for approval as part of the child admission team;
- Prepare legal guardian’s consent and other legal documents for candidate children to be admitted and have the forms signed and approved by the Authorised signatories;
- Communicate to the NSPO all the admitted children’s profiles and other data including recent pictures for international sponsorship program registration within a month after admission;
- Identify all children exiting from the Sponsorship program as per the Sponsorship Policy Support Document and inform NSPO accordingly;
- Prepare annual budget, individual objectives and action plans in relation to the sponsorship activities at the program location;
- Coordinate the Sponsorship annual awareness events to upscale awareness of communities of the sponsorship program at location level;
- Maintain strict confidentiality and security in respect of all records of children biography, sponsors data and other sensitive information; Host all visiting sponsors and forward filled out visit forms to the NSPO;
- Produce multimedia content themes for the Digital Lab project;
- Organize, coordinate and lead the digital lab club by training, organizing events, and guiding club members to produce digital content;
- Perform other related and complementary activities assigned by the Immediate Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications & experience
The Sponsorship Assistant must have:
- BA Degree in English Language, Literature, Journalism and Communication and other related social science fields;
- Computer, Photography, Videography and Editing trainings is a requirement,
- A minimum of at least two years’ experience working in a Communication, media or Journalism environment;
- Display high level of confidentiality and be well versed with Child Safeguarding policies and Children’s rights;
- Ability to communicate with children and young persons is a must.
Please send a cover letter and CV, with three traceable referees who are previous supervisors, to the email address indicated below. The heading of your email should be written “Sponsorship Assistant.”
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
Deadline: 22 September 2020
Related Jobs (32)
Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Matabeleland South) on October 27, 2020 Volunteer