Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Develop and implement a territory trade marketing plan which meets the objectives of the area trade marketing plan in the areas of brand, volume , merchandising and promotion
- Manage the efficient distribution of cigarettes into the trade through the Distribution Representatives (DR).
- Manage the implementation of account plans for merchandising and promotion in the outlets of account chains through the use of Part-timers in order to achieve account brand, volume and share objectives.
- Recruit, train and motivate Part-timers/Merchandisers in order that trade marketing representation in retail chain outlets is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
- Ensure that the territory distribution objectives of company brands are achieved by trade channel and outlet type in order that availability is maximised in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
- Implement national presence marketing and promotion programmes with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the key strategic brands throughout the territory by gaining the active support of the trade.
- Establish close working relationships with the trade in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
- Manage financial accounts and assets for the area to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Provide trade marketing information and reports on performance and accounts to ensure that the Area Manager and the key account handlers are fully informed at all times.
- Conduct random zero balance audits at depots on all DRs at least once a month
- Conduct DR rig accompaniments every month
- Management and sign off of call and Extended Cash Sale ( ECS) control cards weekly – documented random call card audit and sign off of all ECS control cards with any anomalies raised to the AM ASAP
- Weekly cash reconciliations to be done with Depot Clerk and sign off to be conducted with any anomalies escalated to the Area Manager ASAP
- Sign off DRS and stock reconciliations every week with any variances escalated to the AM immediately
- Ensure the adherence to the Depot Manual by DRs at all times
- Ensure adherence to the Depot Manual policies and procedures at all times
- Ensure that the merchandising material and promotional prizes register is being managed in a transparent manner and that all merchandising materials and promotional SOP processes are being adhered to.
- Ensure any customer reconciliations or investigations are raised with the AM and are resolved in a timely manner.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in Marketing)
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as a sales representative within a FMCG environment.
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Project management.
- Strong commercial understanding
- Product category understanding.
- Inventory & stock management.