The candidate will be trained to perform operations and maintenance of field network elements (BSS & Transmission) in order to maintain network uptime and service assurance within set key performance indicators. The trainee technician will also be taught on how to maintain the network to levels that keep customers satisfied. It involves interactions with internal and external stakeholder.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6 “O” Levels including Mathematics, Science and English
- 2 ‘A” Levels passes
- HND Telecommunication Electrical, Civil, or Air-conditioning Engineering, plus City and Guilds.
Key Result Areas
The candidate would be trained on the following areas:
- Attends and resolves Network power faults received from NOC according to the Policies & Procedures (PnP)
- Attends, none traffic affecting network faults as given by NOC whilst complying to timelines stipulated in the PnPs
- Gives feedback on fault resolution to NOC, while escalating challenges to Team leader according to PnP
- Performs PAS routine checks-telecom and passive equipment and fuel availability.
- Implements upgrades, downgrades and/or decommissioning of network elements according to issued IWO.
- Participate in scheduled PATs for allocated list of sites according to PnP, giving feedback to Team Leader on progress and challenges
- Provides second level troubleshooting and support to resolve network issues.
- Computes statistics and use them as a tool to analyse network Key Performance Indicators- network availability, Call Drop Rate, Setup Success Rate, TCH Allocation Failure Rate, Traffic Volumes.
- Monitoring, operating and reporting of environmental equipment, including air-conditioning, UPS, generators, AVR and fire alarm systems for the reginal switch centres.
- Performs BSS and Transmission routine checks- Telecom and passive equipment and fuel availability.
- Implements upgrades, downgrades and or decommissioning of network elements – LTE, 2G, 3G , Wifi, Base stations, RNC and transmission equipment as request as requested according to issued IWO.
- Performs installation, configuration and integration of new network nodes and devices – LTE, 2G, 3G, Wifi Base Stations, BSC RNC and