Location: No. 34A, Marlborough Drive, Harare, Zimbabwe
IWSD, is a non-profit capacity development organization dedicated to build capacity of individuals, institutions and communities in the areas of Water Resources Management (WRM) as well as Water supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Zimbabwe. IWSD is registered with the National University of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology as a capacity building hub for WASH/Water Resources Management Practitioners and Water and Wastewater Operators respectively. The IWSD focuses on four main areas, namely: Building capacity through training and education programmes; Supporting and carrying out a strong applied research programme to support decision-making and policy formulation in the water and sanitation sector; Providing technical and advisory support to agencies and development institutions; Providing state of the art water and sanitation Library and Information Resource Centre.
IWSD is seeking to recruit a Training Intern who will be reporting to the Training Manager.
- The Intern will assist in the planning, development of training materials and delivery of training mostly related to water and wastewater treatment plant operations.
- The Intern will also develop their research and consultancy skills through participating in various WASH activities being implemented by IWSD.
- Detailed description of the responsibilities will be availed to the successful candidate.
- Applications must be from graduates in Water / Civil / Environmental Engineering and/or any relevant water related Natural Science degree from a reputable institution.
- Knowledge of cross cutting issues in water resources and WASH is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send a covering letter clearly showing how they meet the Person Specification together with their detailed CV to email@example.com
IWSD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not charge applicants any fee for their app
Deadline: 22 December 2020