The Institute of Directors Zimbabwe (IoDZ) is a membership-based organisation established in 1958, affiliated to the IoD-UK, works closely with Global Corporate Governance Forum (IFC) and a founding member of the African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN). The Institute integrates researched material to promote good Corporate Governance practices across all sectors in Zimbabwe. IoDZ provides, platforms for continuous learning on leadership and best practice in Corporate Governance, by creating persons with CRAFTS mindsets (persons whose mindsets always consider aspects of Consistency, Responsibility, Accountability, Fairness, Transparency and Sustainability), to drive good Corporate Governance for sustainable enterprises. Further, the Institute provide board placement, networking platforms and continuous professional development (CPD) for directors through various interventions depending on identified training gaps.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of a Training, Research and Development Executive, which has become vacant in the Institute.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Training, Research and Development Executive shall lead and direct the implementation of the Institutes training, research and development strategy, and for planning, delivering, evaluating the impact of training interventions & programs.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Executive Director, in conjunction with the Council, the development of the Institute’s strategy to maximize members’ value and enhance the positioning of the Institute.
- Helps the Executive Director to lead and oversee the implementation of the IODZ’s long and short-term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- Training & Development
- Leads the Institute in developing a viable training strategy and related financial targets.
- Ensures training programs are relevant in-line with IODZ mandate and ensures continual training improvement to surpass stakeholder expectations.
- Leads the development of eLearning training programs and the development of digital learning platforms.
- Leads the research initiatives of the Institute with a view to design and implement evidence based strategies that advance the vision and mission of IoDZ and corporate governance in general.
- Establishes the extent of training needs with regards to corporate governance, and design and implements training curricular to address the gaps observed.
- Plans training and development programs, using knowledge of effective methods such as eLearning, adult training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, conferences, and workshops.
- Establishes the training calendar for the Institute and organises trainings ensuring that all logistical arrangements and programs portray a professional image for the Institute.
- Benchmark with other IoDs on research practitioners for unfolding best practice in corporate governance.
- Ensures effective evaluation of all training, conferences and convention programmes and events.
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Assist the Executive Director and Marketing Executive in monitoring the shaping improvements and delivery of IoDZ value proposition to IoDZ members;
- Helps to promote the Institute image, activities and events along with quality customer service to all members, visitors and other stakeholders.
- Adheres to the Institute vision, mission, goals, policies, procedures and national laws.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant Master’s in Business Administration or Strategic Leadership & Corporate Governance degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience, 3 years of which must be at an Executive level,
- Professional groups/ memberships to any leadership governance or managerial related bodies e.g. IoD or relevant BMOs,
- Experience in managing eLearning portals is a must.
- Corporate Governance, Project Management, Research and related training,
- Must have an excellent appreciation of local and global issues and trends related to corporate governance,
- Must have demonstrated experience in instructional design and training evaluation;
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of training and capacity development techniques and strategies is an added advantage,
- Must be able to forge and foster a formidable team
- Must have high emotional intelligence,
- Must be able to build good relationships with authorities and other key stakeholders
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their Curriculum Vitae, detailed application letter and certified copies of academic qualifications to email@example.com on or before Friday 5 June 2020 with the position applied for on the subject.
Related Jobs (6)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time